Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

James Bordes - a job unpaid

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
juancaratino polycounter lvl 7
this is a job that was given to me and They did not pay the work to me, but never mind at least I left for my portfolio, and because it has no confidentiality agreement i show you guy, I hope you like it, I did the best i can in the timeline they giveme

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6YOBw9TW04&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1309489254"]VIDEO[/ame]

jamesfinaltest1.jpg

Replies

• Don Karnage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The lips on the left completely reminded me of this:
    bo.jpg
    Haha :D
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now that it is going to be solely for your portfolio, you should polish this up a bit.

It's pretty good so far, I think the camera needs to be tightened up a bit though.

What was the name of the company or team that didn't pay you, so others can know to avoid them?
  • Kitteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kitteh polycounter lvl 18
    The camera work is reaaallly distracting and kinda horrible
  • Moosey_G
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And the SFX was extremely loud, the audiance has no idea where he's being shot from, which would be okay, but the fact that he's constantly moving it looks like he's being shot from everywhere.
  • Cheese_Shinobi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheese_Shinobi polycounter lvl 9
    I liked it, looked cool and interesting, but I think you should consider taking away your copyright logo, or atleast make it smaller, because it´s annoying as hell.
  • Wex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wex polycounter lvl 12
    Is it just me or do the dude's proportions look way off? Stubby arms and long torso...

Nice detail in the face.
  • dogzer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dogzer polycounter lvl 8
    They didn't pay you? bastards! Who hired you?

The animation is good but the camera is way too sloppy, you change the angle twice per second, what were you thinking?

The character is freaking awesome. Great stuff for your portfolio.

Cya!
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    juancaratino polycounter lvl 7
    Jaa, well, they pay me $ 500 and the video was with great big watermark to give me the rest. But as they gave, and still continues to youtube in HD, will continue for a while but with watermark.
    Has no original or anything, and with respect to the animation, yes, I know the worst of all is:
    the camera that does not stand still,
    the simulation of the fabric (I'll leave to BLUR STUDIO),
    I also think there something I do not like, but I think that goes from the character that has no mesh well fitting clothing around the neck, sleeves not defined, ETC ETC ETC .
    Camera movement and atmosphere was HORRIBLE and did not have time to put material and model of the city is HORRRIBLEEEE, the wire frames and the atmosphere is one of the factors that began to make this work a collection of chaos.
    It is truly one of my first freelance and lack of experience, the guy said: I want a character to do this and this and sent me a reference for what he wanted to make the character KANE & LYNCH,
    I ask: well you want it a scene of action more or less like that and tells me I WANT THE SAME. I say WHAT? the SAME? (and good was all a matter of debate), when I did, he say ..
    but the STREETS?? , which will cover, where they will bounce shots: ermm1: : ermm1 (he say me take this as reference for what i wanted to do the characterrrrrrrr)
    I said $#@!@#$%!$#$#$, but, including that i had no job, he had given me 500 dollars, was reliant he would pay me. Then I started looking for a city there. and thereafter it was all for the worse.
    The work was ending and the client added:
    THAT glass breaks,
    the shots break the car,
    there I should have realized it was a loaded or something, but my hope for the payment was higher.
    Then when I'm on the run tells me: the character must rise up the ring (what ring?? i say) and cause an Earthquake
    DEFINITELY there I realized I was spending ... but I did, when I show the final video on YouTube and all over, He said BUT I WANT IT IN HD: ..... and not, as I said before my lack of experience did not allow to realize all these good things at the beginning and the story follows, take so long told me that it was not interested in the work (2 week average) VRay renderer all in 1280x720 and so here we fight and went.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I like the part where he stands up after being knocked down on his ass :D
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Camera is far too crazy.. tone that down a bit.

Cool style though. Nice work.
  • Electro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Electro polycounter lvl 18
    Name the company here to shame and warn others. Not paying is unacceptable.
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    cool lens flare and watermark
  • lloyd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i kinda like the odd crazy camera,

is it set to orthographic?