Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sink world - UDK Environment

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
MeintevdS keyframe
First off, it's my first environment so I'll go slowly. I'm gonna take my time and learn as much as possible from this project.

Sooo the image I'm using as reference is the following, it's by feng zhu:
gallery_image_49.jpg

Just for the record, I'm not going for the exact copy but just for the main layout of the middle part.

This is where I'm at, at the moment. The outside dome is obviously getting pimped some more. I'll add a door and maybe some sort of pillars or windows or something. Might even decide to drop a part of the dome and put a balcony there.
This is still a block out, just to get an idea of the size.

inside_dome.png
(Materials, lighting and such are all temporary and the materials are obviously UDK materials.
outside_dome.png

And I'll just start my first post of with a question:
The middle part I'm pretty sure on how I wanna divide it into chunks to model/bake. But the outer dome is something I'm not sure about yet.
How would you guys go about making such a huge part of the environment? All in UDK? or just 1 huge model? or maybe chop it down into several smaller parts?

It's my first environment and I'm sure it's full if mistakes, please tear it down and tell me what the best approaches are to things. Not just tech things, but also design wise :)

Thanks for the views and possibly crits!

Replies