Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

(WIP) Natzi Nurse

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
started this tonight. sadly the concept image is tiny and i cant see the details it has :/ so im kinda guessing most of it and trying to make sense of exactly what it has and what connects to what. im also new to doing clothing so i kno this is horrible and im not familiar with zbrush yet... so anyways here it is. some feed back would greatly appreciated.

1.jpg

after rendering the body one. i noticed the arms had no defenition at all so i fixed that a bit. in the concept she is mad skinny tho so idk... lol

2.jpg

i have to bring those wings in a bit closer to the face.

3.jpg

here is the concept :/ puny

hardkor_44_06.jpg

Replies

• DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    maybe this one is a bit better?
    22863310.jpg

you can find concepts like it on their website, just click on "Projekty plastyczne"

Her arms are definitely too skinny, especially around the wrist. Can't really crit much else for now, keep it up!
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    The style reminds me of the movie Brazil. Love that movie.

MPW-26131

As for the model, i think you still need to work a little more in the proportions. She has a way leaner slender shape, and in the concept, even tho she is wearing that coat, she has more personality and more interesting silhouette. I think for characters, it's all about the shape over all first, and then all of the details.
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    Cool concept!

But you need fix a lot of things, but start with the proportions.
    - Her legs are way too short compared to the concept
    - Those wings on the side of her face need to be wider.
    - Arms are also too short
    - hands are too tiny
    - torso's too narrow compared to her head
    etc...

And most importantly, forget modeling the details already, no need to model the rubber folding in that pipe, nor the wings, just lay down everything with block in geometry and work from that.
    Keep it up though!
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    DDuckworth wrote: »
    maybe this one is a bit better?

you can find concepts like it on their website, just click on "Projekty plastyczne"

Her arms are definitely too skinny, especially around the wrist. Can't really crit much else for now, keep it up!

hell yea that helps! thanx lol

and yea I need to learn to block out more before details :/

will work on those changes tho. thanx guys
  • Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    Your hard surface detail like the headpiece and wings need to be separate pieces of geometry. The soft edges you get in your plane changes makes it look more like a resin cast than a mechanism. Speaking of plane changes all your edges are really soft, get some bevels in there.

Are you doing this completely in zBrush or Max/Maya? Be careful not to rush too early into zBrush. That'sa mistake a lot of beginners do. You should resolve as much as possible in your root program before you start sculpting.

Also your renders are really dark. It's hard to make out any detail. Bump up the strength of your light a bit.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    why do all nazis look so weird nowadays?
  • Harry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Harry polycounter lvl 13
    I miss the good old days when they had charlie chaplin moustaches.

Speaking of which, do you think we'll ever get that moustache "back?"
    Like, will it ever be "the charlie chaplin" instead of "the hitler"

Anyway hardkor44 is kind of sick, but i genuinely dont get what's going on with the helmet and stuff. I guess it's fairly nordic but it's also strangely jap MMORPG.