Home General Discussion

Shadows of the Damned...pretty damn awesome! Big time sleeper hit.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
So Shadows of the Damned came out today on PS3 and 360...it is pretty damn awesome!

I've played about 2 hours or so in so far and the game definitely doesn't disappoint. It is not super cutting edge art or anything but it gets the job done and looks pretty great. It is using Unreal for its' engine and is developed by Grasshopper Manufacture. The same people responsible for Killer 7, No More Heroes, and Samurai Champloo Sidetracked...all very stylish games. Shadows of the Damned is full of style too and fun. The combat is pretty robust with melee and shooting and there is an upgrading system for the different parts of combat that you can tailor to your style of play. It has influences from grind house films, culture of death from Mexico (sugar skulls, iconography and symbolism), an amazing soundtrack, lots and lots of gore, pretty macabre and unsettling environments, the bosses are huge and crazy in design and are challenging to figure out, the side kick is a demon who "gave up the demon game" and is now bound to you and morphs into all kinds of things including that he is your weapon for fighting the demons of hell...oh and he speaks with an English accent. Definitely doesn't disappoint and I figured I'd mention the game as it is a sleeper and I figure it will slip past most peoples' radar.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEoJsJGU3jM[/ame]

Replies