Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mech Girl

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
So my friend gave me this concept. not sure who made it but here is my model. minor changes to the concept but mostly the same.

modeled in 3D Max - hand painted in PS

RB_renderPaint4.jpg

taste the real rainbow lol

RB_renderPaint3.jpg

RB_renderWF.jpg

Replies

• Ihazard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm a bit confused, did you overlay the textures in photoshop onto a render of it or is that actually applied to the model? The modelling looks good, I think with the colours and textures you could make them lean towards a more human tone, that would give off a creepier, more sinister, look than you've got now (if that's what you're aiming for) :)
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ihazard wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused, did you overlay the textures in photoshop onto a render of it or is that actually applied to the model? The modelling looks good, I think with the colours and textures you could make them lean towards a more human tone, that would give off a creepier, more sinister, look than you've got now (if that's what you're aiming for) :)

thanx Ihazard! and i did a clay render in max and painted it in photoshop :D is that what ur asking?
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Ihazard wrote: »
    The modelling looks good, I think with the colours and textures you could make them lean towards a more human tone, that would give off a creepier, more sinister, look than you've got now

i second that motion : )
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i might do that! im trying to make an environment for it now. hope this works
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    looking sick diego. keep it up.
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanx bud. sorry u didnt like those weapon concepts lol
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    somewhat of an update. started on the scene for this. somewhat basic. positioning and so on. having trouble with the water effect i did tho :/ water works fine, but its a square and my human/mech farm pool thing is not. will post a render of it later. hmm i need to rig the chick, i want her holding her head and add some more tubes, making it seem she is in pain or something from what ever the tubes are feeding her into her body. ideas?

mechagirl.jpg