• Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    This intro is amazing.
  • JacqueChoi
  • THE 5
    Offline / Send Message
    THE 5 polycounter lvl 13
    Im realy not a fan of Gundam stuff and the likes. I loved the Lost planet Mechs though, so if this got a nice ammount of customisation, count me in :D
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Robots in Iraq. With a frackton of grunge. Is there a 1080p version somewhere?
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    The makers need there own private floor in awesome world.
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I played thru the series up until 4... it'll definitely be added to my Gamefly queue...
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    One of my buddies loved this game when It was on the PS2, I enjoyed It myself, hope it's awesome, keep us posted!
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    is armoured core - for answer any good? I got it in a bargain bin, so far Im not impressed, its a gray city with a gray robot and hardly any signs of life in the game, no cars or people, no physics when stomping on things etc?
  • Vailias
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Ged: For answer is good IMO. The series has never had "physics when stomping on things". Its just not it's focus. There IS a physics simulation being run on your AC though. Your handling is affected by the overall weight and balance of the chassis, in addition to your internal components. So you can actually make an AC that turns faster one direction than the other, or accelerates forward faster than it moves backward, etc.

AC:4answer started involving ridiculously scaled environmental bosses, which weren't as present in other AC titles. There is one land carrier boss/level you'll get to which is a real event of a fight. AC4:answer's stages tend to be longer, and there are some really challenging bits, and multiple endings all depending on what you do in certain missions and even what missions you choose, though those choices and cutoffs tend to come a number of missions in so you can warm up with impunity.

As well as a few new mechanics like the particle burst thing core ability, and how that all worked with the shielding system. It also improved on AC3's introduction of being able to go into battle overloaded and jettison weaponry as you depleted its ammo, thus making you lighter and your AC more agile. There's been at least one desperate arena battle I've had where I couldn't hit my opponent enough to kill them by the time my ammo was out, so I wound up dumping all my dead weapons to gain enough speed to outmanuver my opponent at close range and use the blade to finish the match.

If you have a grey robot that's your fault. Go to the paint editor.

I do have to say that AC games are of a certain flavour, and they aren't to everyone's taste. If you do like the sim mecha games then AC probably has a playstyle that suits you. AC4A has a nice boost to that in that you have a choice of starting AC rather than being forced to start with a generimech. You can go agile, balanced, or tank right from the start, then customize easily after a few missions.
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    sounds interesting, may give it another go sometime, in all these robot games its always big robots vs big robots in a large open environment, which for me defys the whole point of being huge. You dont feel big and powerful if everything else in the game is also big and powerful!!! really it may as well be tiny human sized robots fighting and nobody would notice.

it just seems to me the world is missing a good stompy robot game where you actually feel really BIG and stompy. Eg a game where you are in a world like GTA that seems alive and has physics on the peoples ragdolls and buildings fall around you as you fight and there are little cars driving about trying to avoid you and you hardly ever encounter anything like as large as your robot unless its an end of level boss or something.
  • THE 5
    Offline / Send Message
    THE 5 polycounter lvl 13
    Ged wrote: »
    ... a good stompy robot game where you actually feel really BIG and stompy.

39613-Blast_Corps_%28Europe%29_%28En,De%29-10.jpg

couldn't resist :p

Still wonder how customizable your robots will be, from what I have seen you can actualy build your own robot, but how big will the repertoire of parts be. And moreover, can you only switch your lower body /upper body or every single joint? I want a pimp'd custom robot!
  • Flynny
    Offline / Send Message
    Flynny polycounter lvl 9
    That video looks amazing! I really would wish to work on something like this!
  • ikken
    Ged wrote: »
    it just seems to me the world is missing a good stompy robot game where you actually feel really BIG and stompy. Eg a game where you are in a world like GTA that seems alive and has physics on the peoples ragdolls and buildings fall around you as you fight and there are little cars driving about trying to avoid you and you hardly ever encounter anything like as large as your robot unless its an end of level boss or something.

I know what you mean here, but it's a Japnese game, they don't value the wow factor that much.
    I think armored core has a nice copycat/develop potential, pretty much how god of war type games are all based on ps2 release of rygar.
    It's like the same game but less polished and lacking in gameplay features.
    I think we might see a western mecha games trend sometime soon though - if it happens, you'll get what you want :D
  • Ghostscape
    Offline / Send Message
    Ghostscape polycounter lvl 13
    I'm a bit apprehensive about this one, since the horrible Ubisoft port of Armored Core: For Answer sucked (localization changed the names of series staples, had typos in the achievements, and they intentionally broke import from 4, which is the entire point of buying the expansions!) and I'm not sure how squeenix is going to handle this.

I own every AC game. I love them. This intro is less exciting than the 4 and For Answer ones, but it looks a lot more epic in scale. Plus, I think it's the first time they've shown tank and quad legs in a video, they're always bipeds normally.

If anyone liked this video they really ought to youtube all the AC vids. Even the PS1 era vids were really good for the time.
  • megalmn2000
  • DEElekgolo
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Got something to say megalmn2000?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    They need to make that into an Armored Core CG Movie. NOW. That was fucking brilliant.

As for the games, they've never quite lived up to that kind of epicness, but they're still enjoyable. I'd like to see the series behave more like Hawken. Either way I'll likely still rent this to give it a try.
  • ebagg
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    The series gets average scores and below. It's been a long running series that From Software has been slowww to improve on. I loved AC1, 2, and 3 but they really need to overhaul the series.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    ^ I bought that game on N64. Was fun back in the day.
  • PatrickL
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    Shit, son. Looks cool. Looks real cool. I just wished it seemed more like a video game trailer than a glimpse into our inevitable future.

Also, Blast Corps was fucking awesome!
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    ikken wrote: »
    I know what you mean here, but it's a Japnese game, they don't value the wow factor that much.

Really? I mean just look at katamari or the original godzilla smashing the crap outta cities, I want robot fighting mayhem that has that level of interaction and fun. Its not about wow factor its about the joy of being a big stompy metal piece of pure awesome. People often praise fps games because the guns "feel so good" Im just hoping someone makes a robot game that "feels so good" doesnt seem much to ask(if you have the budget/tech).
  • slipsius
    ya, loved that trailer they showed at E3. BADASS. but, my fav will always be armored core 2... I kinda lost interest after that one. tried playing the 4th, but couldnt get into it