Home General Discussion

The Amazing World of Gumball

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
I was one of 2 Rendering/Lighting Artists on the series and wondered if folks were enjoying it.

Its been out a while but I saw this on youtube and figured I'd see what the reception was like.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_3GxNQCeo[/ame]

(bar the first few scenes with the car this episode was all my stuff)

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Saw a few comped episodes a few months back, looks really great, so funny. 'grats Rob. :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it, my daughter loves it, but that's just because people flip out and act all dramatic. Reminds me a lot of Chowder. the episode with the T-Rex was great too, but I can't find that one online.

I was suprised at how much 3D was used and the different ways it was used. That's pretty cool that you got to work on it. It looks like its a bit of a crazy mixed bag of techniques?
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Love it, one of my favorite shows currently on the network.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    Andreas wrote: »
    Saw a few comped episodes a few months back, looks really great, so funny. 'grats Rob. :)
    Cheers Mate.
    Dublin Andreas?

Mark:
    Glad you both like it, its got alot for everyone, some of the implied double meanings are quite hilarious. "If you wont take care of my precious instrument" :D.
    There was a lot of 'mixed media' in the show. the exteriors were all 2D photo mashups, the Interiors were pre rendered by studio Soi and the road ways were rendered on a case by case basis. Most of the work was 2D/3D integration / light matching.

skylebones: awesome, thanks man. I wish I had the channels so I could tune in as it comes out. there are a few episdodes that I really want to see again.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    Mark:
    Glad you both like it, its got alot for everyone, some of the implied double meanings are quite hilarious. "If you wont take care of my precious instrument" :D
    The first time I caught it I was alone then it came on when my daughter was bouncing around.
    "Where are they going with this? Oh... if they do what I think, either I need to be quick draw mcGraw with the remote or dad is going to have some explaining to do.
    /watching
    Oh ok, hahaha that was awesome
    "
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    Being at CN I was lucky enough to see it early, knew it would be popular. I hope it gets the love from fans that Regular show and adventure time gets, it sure deserves it.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    Cheers Mate.
    Dublin Andreas?

Yea. You working? Brown Bag are looking for a load of people.