Home General Discussion

[REQ] Game Dev - 3D Software / Tutorials / Comparison

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Bombshell polycounter lvl 10
Game Development 3D Tips

Summary
As the title suggest, I am requesting tips on 3D software (blender, 3DS Max, maya, zBrush, etc.), tutorials on said programs and comparisons of their work flow, learning curve, renderer's, unique tools, etc. etc.
I have got to the point where I'm growing attached to blender, which I do not want to do when its the only 3D program I have tried. I want to know what software is good for game development, what has a well established community, what unique features, what tutorials are available, etc.

3D Software
Here I will fill with any and all information I gather on 3D software like blender, zbrush, maya, etc. etc.
In hope that this can help anyone else looking to compare them, or just plain looking to try working with something new, like myself.

Tutorials
I will organize any and all tutorials based on what they cover and then what programs they are intended for.

Comparison
If anyone has direct experience with 2 or more programs, personal comparisons would be something good to keep record of. It would help a lot to know what certain programs have over others.

Thanks in advanced,
Bombshell.

Replies