Home Technical Talk

[ZBrush] Retain brush settings across all brushes?

Been trying to do some tiling textures in ZBrush and it's really starting to annoy me that every brush I use, I have to dive into brush > curve and set the correct wrap amount.

This might be an obvious question, but is there an option somewhere to have this setting carry over between brush selections?

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    I don't know of any default option to transfer the specific setting (and transferring them all would probably end up making half the brushes useless), but it would be very simple to create a user interface button that sets the value so that you at least wont have to dive into several pallets. Just throw the button wherever you want (or give it a hotkey) and it can instantly set the wrap mode to a value of your choice.

The simply method, for example, would be:
    //RECORDED ZSCRIPT 4.0
    [IButton,WrapMode_0,"Press to set Wrapmode value to 0",
    [ISet,Brush:Curve:WrapMode,0]
    ]

[IButton,WrapMode_1,"Press to set Wrapmode value to 1",
    [ISet,Brush:Curve:WrapMode,1]
    ]

/*End of ZScript*/

I'm pretty sure you could also set up one button that merely toggles back and forth, if you don't want two separate buttons. I'm new to zscripts myself, but it wouldn't surprise me if I could even make a script that, when run, will go through every brush you have and set the same wrap value with one click. It should only require a slight modification to include any custom brushes you might also have.

That's all of course assuming there is no way way to simply transfer settings by default.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D'oh. Of course, I hadn't even thought of just scripting it.

Cheers :)