Home Technical Talk

VRender... error.

Hi there, I have an issue.
I was running Max on my old PC until it died and then had to borrow my friend's pc for a week while I waited for new parts to be delivered. I carried on working on my project and then swapped back to my PC when I had put it together.
A clean install of the 3ds Max 2011 (student version) on a new hard drive etc.
I have only just started noticed the following error when I try and load my file up though.

vrender2011.dlr vraymtl superclass:0xc00

I have a couple of models I imported from Turbosquid, I have deleted all of them bar one, and loading that on its own doesn't kick up that error.

I am at wit's end really, the render farm I have to use at uni doesn't support Vray :/ and I need to get it rendered, and when I put this into to be rendered it just kicks up errors and doesn't get rendered.

Pretty certain I set all materials back to standard.
Its not just on my version of Max this issue is occurring, happens at uni and on my friend's copy of Max.... so it must be associated with my file?

Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks

Replies

• Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    I guess you didn't revert the renderer to default, so it tries to render with vray which is missing.
    Render Setup > Common > Assign Renderer > Production > Default Scanline Renderer
  • BadgerBaiter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hm, unfortunately that wasn't the issue...

I completely stripped all of the materials from my scene and deleted everything.
    That seems to have solved it, although I have no idea which material was anything to do with VRay... I had a couple of Promaterials in there along with Autodesk, but I thought they were MentalRay ?
    Not really up on my renderers tbh :(