Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Matt Bischoff, (Environment Art- Ringling Grad 2011)

Hey Guys.

I recently graduated from Ringling College of Art and Design, 2011. I just wanted to post my portfolio here to get any and all feedback you have, as I begin my job search. Thanks in advance!

Matt Bischoff

PORTFOLIO LINK:
http://webspace.ringling.edu/~mbischof/

Replies

• Minos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Minos polycounter lvl 16
    Hi Matt. Your high-poly modeling is top notch but the way you are presenting your work is kind of bad in my opinion. Everything is monochromatic and I think most people won't remember anything about your work after a while because of that.

Your thesis environment looks sweet, specially that sci-fi area with the red lights. You should definitely give it much more importance in your portfolio than all the grayscale hi-poly objects.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Your resume is blurry. :(
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I wouldn't use a low res picture for your resume section.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Make your resume in HTML, so it can be easily read by Google.
  • mbischof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the quick responses guys! I appreciate the comments, will try to incorporate feedback asap.
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    I would move the "Church","Dead Saint" and "Thesis" banner at the top. Thats mainly because its the peices of work that show off more than your modeling skills and look most complete. Then I would move the "epic modeling test" banner right under ( I would change the name to something more professional then "epic", something that is more describing). Finally, I would actually get rid of "Pipe room" and "Scifi" as they are pretty bland and boring. If you want to show off the modeling in the "scifi" department, mix it in with the "thesis" since its the same scene I guess. Good luck!