Home Technical Talk

Get back old dialogues in Max?

Is there a way to disable that god awful bubble dialogue for poly operations for example?

A way to make it go back to the old chamfer/extrude/inset boxes? I cannot stand this bubbly crap which does not update correctly and costs me an extra 4 clicks just to see changes I made every time I use the tools.

Replies

• r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    nope. well i guess you could script some, but the caddies are permanent.
  • mortalhuman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    great sadness, thank you for clearing it up though :D

I'd pay for a script that bring the old ones back. lol. If I wasn't broke.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's something that is a prime challenge for a first time script writer...
  • mortalhuman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I take that as a hint. :P I would seriously need one-on-one lessons and shared/collaborative projects to learn *any* kind of scripting or programming. Including Lua. I've watched all the lectures, computer science open courseware, video tutorials, read books, pdf's, all that stuff, nothing sticks or makes any sense to me.

I am looking forward to the day where games are made entirely based on nodes. You can't make a universal programming language that works that way probably, but you sure as hell could make a game engine capable of "no coding".

I just can't learn that on my own, and no one has time to teach it, and as time goes forward, it becomes more and more compartmentalized and harder to learn, so I gave up: I work with what other people write, accepted it by now.

I can edit things I understand, like class and object and material definitions in grit game engine etc, but I can't understand that stuff to write my own logic, I've tried for over 7 years to learn to script and code, nothing has helped, and I mean REALLY tried. DVDs, Books, Seminars, nothing helped. The only time I can even learn to do stuff like that is when someone works with me on it.

It's ironic cause coding is about the only thing I cannot do and is mysterious to me. I think that's why I like games so much. Cause it's like the only mystery on the entire planet to me. That doesn't mean to imply that I know everything, just that I really don't know anything about programming and scripting that I can use myself.
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    I posted a response / fix to this awhile back. Cursed Caddie tools be damned! Works like a charm in 2011.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1220890#post1220890
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott wrote: »
    I posted a response / fix to this awhile back. Cursed Caddie tools be damned! Works like a charm in 2011.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1220890#post1220890

Hows does this effect editable poly functionality? It seems you will need to give up on the new loop selection tools :(

vig: wouldnt it be great if there was a tutorail to get new scripters going! :poly108:
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea... there should be... someone might finish writing it if someone else didn't start the brawl and if someone else didn't have some awesome ideas that needed to be added to this fictitious piece of work =P
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea... there should be... someone might finish writing it if someone else didn't start the brawl and if someone else didn't have some awesome ideas that needed to be added to this fictitious piece of work =P

damn you someone!!! :)