Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Super Smash Bros, Princess Zelda, Dbentley

Hey everyone! Bit of a lurker around here. Really liked the idea of the contest, so I'm giving it a shot.

I'm going with a reinterpretation of Princess Zelda, from the Super Smash Bros. Brawl game. Mostly because I don't think I've seen anyone pick this character yet.

I'm going to be remaking her as a Ghost, from the Starcraft series. Instead of guns however, she'll be sporting either a hi-tech bow, or crossbow. Still undecided.

Thanks for looking, and good luck!

Latest Update:

blockin_silhouette_01.gif

face_base_01.jpg

Reference sheet:

zelda_con_ref.jpg

Old WIPs:

zelda_con_wip2.jpg

Replies

• Remmers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remmers polycounter lvl 7
    Cool concept, I think she needs more triforce though! Well atleast something that make you recognize zelda more. Looking forward to more
  • DBentley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remmers:

Thanks! I definitely agree with you as well, in regards to the Triforce thing. I'm currently planning on incorporating many of the ornate designs from her dress onto the armor, and I'll throw in some glowing digital triforces, for good measure.

Also, I've posted up a new update (See first post). I didn't have as much time to work on it as I wanted to today, but I figured I should at least start laying down some colors to get a sense of the whole thing. Just flat colors for now. Hopefully, I'll have this concept done up for tomorrow. I'm anxious to start modeling.

Thanks for looking!
  • DBentley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey folks!

I haven't had much of a chance to work on this, but I figured I'd post up a small update regardless. I've started blocking in my geo for my base, and I've started working on the face. The first post has been updated with these images.

Enjoy!
  • AmandaB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the update!
  • theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    The form is looking really cool. The only thing that I think needs a bit more work is the face. It doesn't quite match your concept. Keep it up!
  • jarrede
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jarrede polycounter lvl 7
    I'm looking forward to seeing this completed, great idea and design :)
  • DBentley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey woah, posts!

AmandaB, jarrede: Thanks a bunch! =)

kosh_fotsirk: Thanks man. I definitely agree in regards to the face. It's really not quite up to my liking yet. It looks too... Serene, compared to the face in the concept. I'll definitely keep working on it!