Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Short Fight scene

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Hito interpolator
Big Red should have picked on somebody his own size...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XHJ2GWnCYo[/ame]

meshes are from the Pre DW V animation comp.

Replies

• Cexar
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    Great overlapping and some nice staging at the start but becomes a little dull at the end. The jump in the beginning is also great but when they're trading blows it kinda loses the initial dynamic. I think there has to be even greater anticipation when she rips of the arm to really sell the power. Another thing I noticed that her punch when she's holding him in one arm is a bit weak. Looks almost linear in spacing.

Just a thought is, if you do a similar piece in the future, that you try offsetting the arms so you can see her controlling before the things react. Just a thought.

Please include a frame counter so it's easier to say where there are things that need tuning in your clip.
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    Yeah her punch is a bit soggy. I'll tighten those keys up a bit when I get home.

Good idea about offsetting the arms... though I'm not sure how I'd set that up. The only control on the big arms is the position, from the elbow down everything is tied to the biped so I don't have to key two sets of arms. Some kind of script to delay the orientation constraints?
  • Cexar
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    Sweet. ^^

Well I'd just have them as a different entity not controlled by the other character ;P Better to animate it frame by frame then leaning on a script to do it for ya. Most control that way. Then again, I'm not a scripter at all so I usually do stuff like that the most tedious way possible. ^^

I watched the clip a couple of times more and to show off it's mimicing the arms i'd put the camera almost right behind her. That way it's easier to see her and the arm moving at the same time. :)
  • Hito
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGCK4ogbEjU[/ame]

final final. fixed some small things and camera work.
  • Exist
    I feel like if the camera zoomed in at the end, the scene would look darker...