Home Technical Talk

3DS MAX Edit Poly Hotkeys

CJE
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
CJE polycounter lvl 13
For some reason when you use the edit poly modifier, all the MAX hotkeys change, is there a way to set your edit poly hotkeys to the same as the default editable poly hotkeys?

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Edit Poly and Mesh modifiers have their own Group in the Customize User Interface panel. You can edit the hot keys there so they match. It's lame they they don't just use the same hotkeys. If you just want to disable Edit Poly modifier hotkeys temporarily you can turn off the Keyboard Shortcut Override Toggle in the center of the main toolbar. Just turn it on again when you are done.

Edit Poly group is the modifier.
    Editable Poly group is the base object.
  • MatthewS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only have a custom shortcut set for the edit poly modifier, mostly because it has more options but also because it is used more often, so whenever I have something that is an Editable Poly I just drop an edit poly mod onto it.

Also I highly advise setting up a hotkey set of your own... default max hotkeys are way spread out, and many of the functions you use very often aren't even assigned to any hotkeys.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    sorry for the revival but I just stumbled accross this today,

I asked this question a while back too and ended up copying, replacing, and pasting one block into the other in the .KBD file to set my hotkeys to be the same. It seems that's about the only way to do it since they're slightly different
    :( but at least it's possible!
  • KristianT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reviving this again.

Overide shortcut toggle button. ?