Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] DDuckworth

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
www.DerrickDuckworth.com

Hi, I'm looking for crits on the layout/look of the site, if I need my name/site/email in my images, and speed of the site. You can also crit the only piece I have up if you would like.

For those of you who may have seen the old one I think it's a major improvement.

I am going for the "only put up your best stuff" way of thinking so my latest piece is the only thing up, please let me know if you think the TF2 Medieval stuff should be included, which you can see here

http://derrickduckworth.com/Medieval1.html
http://derrickduckworth.com/Medieval2.html
http://derrickduckworth.com/Medieval3.html

I only did the models and the page design/layout but I don't feel anything of my past work is as good as my latest. Thanks for looking!

Replies

• MESMURDA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MESMURDA polycounter lvl 12
  • BenStrasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good and once you get some more stuff there it will be easier to judge the speed.

One thing and it is very small, and may be totally useless lol,

but it may be a good idea to have your name in the saved image file, so say if I really liked your work, I could take it and always know who had made it. Although just having your name in the image would clear that up...

Overall I think you have a good site going! That glock is awesome btw.

Ben
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey DUCK !

Everything looks great man
  • LateWhiteRabbit
    Looking good, simple and to the point.

Though I don't think you need to include the tri limit you had on the pistol, only the number of tris in the final model.

Good to see another Vivid Dreams team member by the way.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    makecg wrote: »
    Hey DUCK !

Everything looks great man

Hey thanks, I checked out your site, i love the frog from spirited away and some of your head sculpts are really really strong, great stuff.
    MESMURDA wrote: »
    strong work :)

Thanks man!
    Looks good and once you get some more stuff there it will be easier to judge the speed.

One thing and it is very small, and may be totally useless lol,

but it may be a good idea to have your name in the saved image file, so say if I really liked your work, I could take it and always know who had made it. Although just having your name in the image would clear that up...

Overall I think you have a good site going! That glock is awesome btw.

Ben

I was very much wondering if I needed to do that, i'm still on the fence, i've looked at other folios and haven't seen many do it but can't decide.
    Looking good, simple and to the point.

Though I don't think you need to include the tri limit you had on the pistol, only the number of tris in the final model.

Good to see another Vivid Dreams team member by the way.

Would you happen to be a freemason good sir? :D
    I'll go remove the tri limit on that one image!

As for everyone else, how is the size working for everyone? Is it obvious that you can click for larger images on certain ones? Also how is my presentation?
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    Size works fine for me, and I knew I could click on the images to get larger ones.
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haha thanks BRO need to get to your level in game art though with the whole Normal map and texture thing.

keep going ;)
  • LateWhiteRabbit
    DDuckworth wrote: »
    Would you happen to be a freemason good sir? :D
    I'll go remove the tri limit on that one image!
    Ha! Got me. Using the same avatar gave it away, huh?

I agree with Ben about putting your name on each image. Who knows how far around the web your pictures may spread? If a potential employer stumbles across one out in the wild and likes it you want him to be able to look you up.
  • BenStrasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It certainly couldn't hurt anything if you did, as long as they aren't glaring at the viewer and are nicely tucked away all should work out.

But it is totally true with what LateWhiteRabbit said about potential employers finding your stuff in the wild. (real good analogy there!)

Ben
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    I would put your Word & LinkedIn icon on the top of your r
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @LateWhiteRabbit - Haha ehh the avatar didn't really give you away I have a bad memory, I just took a guess based off of the only person I don't know their name on here who would likely also be on PC :D

I placed my name on the small images but not the large ones, should those need it too or are people more likely to save the images straight off of the page?

@megalmn - done! I like it, good suggestion

Thanks everyone for the crits and for liking it, more to come soon!
  • BenStrasser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im going to say that 'they' will probably take the smaller of the 2 so you should be fine IMO.
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone just updated my port with my latest gun, looking for crits on my presentation and the gun itself
    Cheytac1.jpg

Also what is the acceptability on using triangulated wire's for portfolio's, do company's mind? Or do they prefer quadrangulated ones?