Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] BlazBlue, NOEL VERMILLION, Shadownami92

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
Okay so I'm going to try and make a rendition of Noel in more casual clothes. Maybe redesign her guns to look sort of antique, will be fun to see where it goes.

noel-stance.gif

Noel_concept_5.jpg

Replies

• Rico
    Sup, Shadow?

You better finish this shit man...fo realz!

It's a cool character, good luck dude!
  • Charlie
    Noel was one of my favorite Characters from BlazBlue just because of how seriously bad ass she was. I look forward to seeing what you do with this!
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Rico and Charlie!

I gathered a bit of references for what I plan to do, next step is to sketch it all together to it meshes well.

1kfjC.png

After that I think I'm gonna try and use sub-d modeling to work out the high poly and just touch it all up in zbrush. Kinda want to go with a very clean look.
  • confracto
    Offline / Send Message
    confracto polycounter lvl 11
    damn, I'd better finalize something before all my ideas are taken!
    I'm considering noel, tho, plain clothes was not where I was going at all.

great idea tho, looking forward to seeing more.
  • Bigjohn
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    There's no such thing as "taken". Just because someone picked a character, that doesn't rule it out for other people to do. You're supposed to make it your own anyway, so if anything it just adds a sense of competition.

And good choice Shadow. I wanna see where this goes.
  • confracto
    Offline / Send Message
    confracto polycounter lvl 11
    I know.
    and Shadownami92's noel looking like it will be very different from what I was thinking, so it's not stopping me :)
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    Should totally go for it confracto, would be awesome to see out different interpretations!

And thanks! I'm working on the actual concept currently, hopefully I can have it up sometime tonight. Before my class preferable, if not I'll just post it up uber late tonight.
  • spiderDude
    Offline / Send Message
    spiderDude polycounter lvl 8
    sweet another blazblue fighter
    I'm taking a shot at taokaka
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    v0E6z.png

Here is where the concept is at so far. Still tons to do on it but I figured I'd post my progress for the night. I plan to rework the beanie, something about it doesn't look right.
  • akacg
    Offline / Send Message
    akacg polycounter lvl 12
    Nice to see you over here man and nice concept keep it up
    cant wait to see some modelin
    good luck yo
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    efERX.png

Here is my final concept, I'd do more on it but I want to get into doing some modeling. Was thinking of giving her a coat of sorts but I'll probably wait on that after I figure out how many polies the character and guns are gonna cost.

Thanks akacg! My next update should be some 3d stuff!
  • HAL
    Offline / Send Message
    HAL polycounter lvl 13
    Those proportions are seriously fucked up, legs are way to short in contrast to the upper body and the reference you have
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    jQ4xT.png

HAL: Thanks for the feedback, can't believe I messed up the legs so bad. xD

Not sure if it's fixed or if I screwed up something else in the process of trying to make the legs longer but here is my attempt at fixing it.

EDIT: Worked some more on the overall proportions, still not 100% where I want it to be though. Might just go ahead on modeling it then fix the rest of the problems there.

Going for a bit of a stylized look but still want it to look right.

Also I've been working on what I want for the head and this is what I came up with.

mNGgm.png
    Figured it would be like her original hair but with a little bit of frizz/kink

Also tried integrating the dangling red things on her arms from the original character into some earrings.

For overall reference it would be somewhat similar to something like this, but more volume in the back that would be coming out of the hat and some of the hair curling up around the edges.

W3spR.jpg
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Nicely done bro. I suppose crits are given to you already and will wait for your updates. :)

Good luck
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so here is my final concept I'm sticking with, and I started to block stuff out for my highpoly starting with the shoes, Also working on a basemesh but it's not exactly anywhere close to being what I would consider posting in here yet.

DzYDQ.png

eTIOY.png
  • Jason Young
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I really dig that last head/hat concept. Has a nice feel that matches the character well.

Have you thought about adding any additional clothing to make it feel more like the original character? I kind of miss the layered feel that she has in the reference shots. Maybe something like a skirt with knee-high socks, or a shortened hoody to give it a similar feel? Just a thought, and I know you want to keep it casual feeling.
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank JMYoung, I wanna keep the pants but yeah, I'll try and work on making more layers. Was going to make a jacket that would hang over the shoulder but with double sided polies costings about double the tris than 1 sided polies I would probably keep any layers more tight/close to the body.

Been a bit busy lately so here is some of the work on this I got done.

bLMVl.png
    Started to sculpt the face a bit, haven't added ears and the I didn't work too much on the eyes yet. Here is a little photoshopped over example of what I'll be trying to aim for with the sculpt.

YCifc.png

So far I've just been working with sculptris, but I think after I get the look I want I'll retopo it and attach it to the body mesh I've also bee working on, when I'll just add the clothing layers and props and send it all into zbrush.
  • Shadownami92
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh, haven't been able to use my computer for a while so I'm going to have to book it on this thing.

Here is the progress I was able to make tonight.

3PY3T.png

It's a bit of a speedy block out, will fix the proportion problems in the next 2 days to match my concept better. Will also be working on finishing the head so I can work on attaching these. Then I'll work on the hands and feet and then finally get to everything else.

UPDATE

I'm continuing to work on this, don't know if I can finish before the deadline, probably not at this rate but I'll continue working on this anyways. Starting to put different parts of the body together, still gotta fix the head, give it ears and all that.

UeQOA.png