Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Marvel vs Capcom 2, Tron Bonne, Carl Brannstrom

New character!!

Unfortunately I've kind of failed with this entry. I haven't been able to work on with because of various reasons. Now it's so little time left and this entry will almost be like making 2 characters and I won't be able to finish. Therefore I decided to scrap this one and start on a new one.

I was thinking of remaking Ryu Hayabusa (Dead or alive) as a viking! The creator of Dead or alive/Ninja gaiden has started a new studio called Valhalla and thats where I got the idea.
My design is basically a modern/futuristic take on an ancient warrior, similar with Ryu. I think a mordern viking is quite close to the original design of Ryu but I think vikings has been done many times but I've never seen a modern/futuristic take on it.

I'm going to skip normal projection, baking etc since I won't have time for it. I'm going to stick with a diffuse and specular only. I really don't like T-poses and prefer a more natural pose when modelling but I'm making this in a T-pose just to have in mind that fightning games usually have quite acrobatic animations.
I definitely have to add more loops at joints.

Here's the concept
ragnarhaarfager.jpg

Here's the model so far
ryuwip_1.jpg

Now I just have to figure out how to change the title of this thread :p

Hello everyone!

I was thinking to make a pirate themed Tron Bonne!

Haven't started with concepting yet. I'm still at the brainstorming stage...

Replies

• Jeremi Eldridge
    Eff yes. MML love. Cant' wait to see what you do with this.
  • confracto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    confracto polycounter lvl 11
    I was thinking of doing Tron as well.
    had no intention of going near pirate, and I guess I certainly won't now.
    good luck!
  • madmuffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Oh cool, I was thinking about doing Tron but went with a Servbot instead, can't wait to see how yours turns out!
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Thanks for the comments guys!

I've been sketching some stuff recently and also started with concepting. This is what I've concepted so far:
    tronbonneconcept_2.jpg

So basically it's some kind of crab creature with a neat chair for pirate Tron. The original concept has Tron sitting in the chair but I couldn't make it look good so I removed her and I'll make a model paintover concept later. I will provide additional concepts and sketches later.
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    Wow! that is a neat idea! And here I was skeptical at first (since in MML she's already a pirate) but this is just awesome.

I have to admit you almost stopped me from doing Tron since you got her first, but now it's on! lol
  • Inkfish
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    interesting take, i like the concept.
  • Carl Brannstrom
    Thanks for the comments guys!

Unfortunately I've kind of failed with this entry. I haven't been able to work on with because of various reasons. Now it's so little time left and this entry will almost be like making 2 characters and I won't be able to finish. Therefore I decided to scrap this one and start on a new one.

I was thinking of remaking Ryu Hayabusa (Dead or alive) as a viking! The creator of Dead or alive/Ninja gaiden has started a new studio called Valhalla and thats where I got the idea.
    My design is basically a modern/futuristic take on an ancient warrior, similar with Ryu. I think a mordern viking is quite close to the original design of Ryu but I think vikings has been done many times but I've never seen a modern/futuristic take on it.

I'm going to skip normal projection, baking etc since I won't have time for it. I'm going to stick with a diffuse and specular only. I really don't like T-poses and prefer a more natural pose when modelling but I'm making this in a T-pose just to have in mind that fightning games usually have quite acrobatic animations.
    I definitely have to add more loops at joints.

Now I just have to figure out how to change the title of this thread :p