RIOT Games
Offline / Send Message
YBourykina RIOT Games
*UPDATE*
High Poly:
ybourykinahildehighpoly.jpg

Concept:
ybourykinahildeconceptf.jpg

Love Soul Calibur with a bloody passion. Ivy is my favorite though Hilde is my second and I think she'd be a bit more fun to redesign :)

hilded.jpg

Replies

• beezul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice choice! love them red heads ;D
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    I'll be rooting for you. And competing against you. >=]
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    BetelGeist: me too :)

Azuryon: Awesome :D
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Badass! Cant wait to see how this turns out!
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
    haha Haz I was expecting you to pick this girl

GL Y!
  • TrentSnow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Same to you! This will be one of my top thread's to follow.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Hazardous: you mean we could have had a sexy Hilde face off? :O that would have been epic! And thank you :)
    slipgatecentral: Thanks :D
    TrentSnow: Thanks, Yeah I’ve been subscribing to peoples too, my email is going to start blowing up soon :poly142:
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Thumbed Hilde out as a few different genres I like, not sure which direction to go into yet, so if you couldddddddd, post your [FONT=&quot]favorites[/FONT]? Thanks! :D

I think I like:
    1, 5, 9, 12, 13, 14, 16…..most

YBourykina_Hilde_Thumbs.jpg
  • Zelenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zelenkov polycounter lvl 9
    You like too many :) My pics are 1, 12, 14. I like the chain-mail stuff and number 12's steampunk look. I say keep 12 if anything and add to it from original concept. Good Luck!
  • MESMURDA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MESMURDA polycounter lvl 12
  • Gannon
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    I really like 8, 9 and 16, the rest seem pretty similar to the original idea.

The chain mail being so predominate in most of the others doesn't really seem to push the character far enough imo, but it would make a really cool accent to the reinvention.
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    1 and 9 are my favorites. 1 really helps push the wolf idea like previously mentioned to make the connection to the original concept. I feel some of them aren't really pushing her out of her current timeline, and if you're going to go full nordic mythology go crazy with it.
  • Heavyj
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm digging 1, 8, 9, and 12...but all of them are pretty sweet concepts with lots of great Variety.
  • beezul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    1 and 12.
    12 has a lot of sexyness. very timid. and her outfit is cute. form fitting and slightly victorian. and 1 has some realy nice details in the armor :D
  • slipgatecentral
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipgatecentral polycounter lvl 13
    Hard to choose, they all good and there's too many
    If you could narrow it down to at least 1...!

1 and 13 are good actually
  • Maph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maph polycounter lvl 8
    1, 9 and 12. And the lower arms from 13.
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Purely silhouette talking, not details, 11 stands out to me clearly. Very nice lines from the shoulders to waste to hips to feet. HOT!
  • daft667
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    14 looks cool, but maybe with shoes like 11's.
  • Jeremi Eldridge
  • NuclearWarrior
    I like 1, 3, and 13. Probably 3 the most though because it maintains the asymmetry of the original design - and it stands out in a good way because of this from the other ones. Part of me wants to see the wolf helmet idea next to #1 more fleshed out, to see if it could be used, 'cause it would be a cool thing to add epicness to her.
  • JR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Good choice. I'm looking forward to see how she'll turn out. I like designs 4 and 6. Good luck!
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Zelenkov: haha yeah, I didn’t expect to like that many of them, I honestly liked 1 the best and then it just kept growing ^^; thanks!
    MESMURDA: thank you :)
    Gannon: I have a horrible love for chainmail, which is probably bad since it’s a pain to work with sometimes, but yeah, I tried to keep it in most of the designs at least a little though I really like the idea of the chainmail-like-dress, I’m definitely going to push her more though, thank you! :D
    Azuryon: LAWL! (gif) I just sketched in quick horns on a helmet, I think that would help the Nordic side a wee bit there! I’ll be pushing her more once I’m deep in high poly sculpting:)
    Heavyj: Thank you so much! :D
    BetelGeist: Thanks you! :)
    slipgatecentral: haha! Thank you! :D
    Maph: I do like the lower arms of 13 too, I might play what that idea a bit more, thanks! :)
    Hazardous: Thanks, yeah I like the flarey shoulder armour, shorts, and leg warmers :D
    NuclearWarrior: Thank you! I don’t know if I want to make the wolf helmet to be a pelt/skull, or metal, I’m thinking I might redraw it as a vikingy helmet with the wolf kind of like on her original form :D
    Jramauri: Thanks so much! :)

Thank you all for the help!!!

These two are a mix of a few different thumbs, I don’t know how much my computer is going to love me for all that chainmail but I’ll have to make it work :P
    Anyways, the first is mainly based off the 1st thumb since it got the most votes in all (asked friends outside of PC too) and the second is based off 5, because I personally love that silhouette with the big sleeves, though I might still play around a bit with the designs because I’m not 100% feeling it (especially since I just re-read all the comments and have some more ideas!).

I also really like scars, I’m not sure if I will be keeping that one across her face there (takes away from her beauty mark and her character or no? ) but I really like it :(

Also made a new base in max and got most of the anatomy in, which is what I sketched over, changed the face and arms around a bit after the sketch though :D

YBourykina_Hilde_front_view_concepts.jpg
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    The one on the right for sure. A little more interesting silhouette and I love every little piece thats in there. I feel the left one would rely a little TOO much on Chainmail while the right one has it but has a lot of interesting pieces too. Also I'm very fond of the idea that maybe the pieces of chainmail are haphazardly falling out at places because she's been fighting for so long, and that collar is bamf.

I DO however love the way the belt on the left one and the armor piece at the waist emphasizes the pelvic region, so I think that belt (with the wolf buckle of course) would be awesome.

For the helmets I really like the second one down. More interesting to look at.

Alright kick ass Miss B. I'll hopefully have a more final sketch by tonight, and then the competition of 3d-ness is ON!
  • Timeyy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dont forget to spend some extra time on the hottest part of Hilde's design, DEMS LIPS
  • Jigsaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jigsaw polycounter lvl 12
    I definitely prefer the design on the left. Wolf hat/shoulders = awesome.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Azuryon: Thanks, I'm mixing the two now, this way the textures will be a but more interesting since the right has the corset and obi like sash and I'll make sure to keep the hip guards from the left one but keep the wolvy buckle, I also found amazing this site where they make all this norse patterned leather stuff, so I'm definitely all inspired :)
    (I'll post the site later since I don't have it saved on my work computer) .... they also make dog collars with the dog's name in ruins and all patterned up, which would be perfect for Asgard :D
    V---Asgard (for those that don't know me, he's under a year)
    asgardsnow020411avatar.jpg
    Timeyy: HAHA will do! :)
    dustinbrown: lawl. I'll keep the right shoulder armour's shape, they have a better silhouette, I think they'll end up being hard leather with intricate carvings of wolvyness! thanks! :D
    Jigsaw: Thank you, I'm probably going to be playing around with the wolf helmet a bit more, but I'll most likely be keeping the wolf on the front like that :)

Thanks so much guys!

Trying to figure out how I want to do the hair, sculpt it or plane it, I went ahead and tried sculpting it out last night. Also trying out a new way to do the edgeloops on the face! Woo for new things!
    Also got some of the base for the clothes done, but I'll post that once I'm closer to finishing them :)
    here is the base after zbrushing, I'm trying to keep it in between my drawing style and realism-ish, sooooo yesh :D
    The chest is a bit squished since she will be in a corset and then I'll adjust it more once I have it in Zbrush.
    Hands are a fail still (I don't want to spend too much time on them right now and forget about everything else), I'll worry about them a bit later!
    Happy Posting!
    ybourykinahildewiphair.jpg
    ybourykinahildewipbase.jpg
  • beezul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that is looking fantastic! her face is really beautiful. and very nice topology.
    the boobs need some tweaks though, but im sure you know that already. they kind of look like they defy gravity right now. which might be the case when she wears her corset.
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    Liking the way that hair is coming out. :)
    Looks pretty good thus far!
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    BetelGeist: yeah I decided to get them ready for the corset so there is less messing with them later, I'll have to add the overflow and whatnot after I get the corset in zbrush and what not so then they'll make more sense :D
    Thanks!
    dang87: Thank you! :)
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    My only comments thus far are:

1. Her legs need some more meat to em.

2. Her hair is missing that curly-cue ness that sort of nightmare before christmas looking curl at the end. The gif I posted previously has it a bit.
  • ishii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good! You got much done already. I agree with Azuryon - add a bit of thickness to her thighs, especially in the profile/side view

Dig your concept btw.
  • sp0nge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oooh get that Norse link up YBoury, I could use that :D

Hilde's looking great btw, I'm really looking forward to seeing her weapons!
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Azuryon: I’ll add to the thighs and experiment with the hair some more :)
    Ishii: Thanks, I’ll be fixing the thighs and a few other bits :D
    sp0nge: thank you so much, yeah I still need to figure out if I’m going with her lance/spear and sword, or switching one out for a battle axe or something! :)
    and here you go: http://varglya.blogspot.com/
  • Zelenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet! Dig the proportions and especially the hair :) She looks a bit skinny and stiff... so beef her up a little! It would also help to "ground" her. She looks like she is hovering and all her muscles are tensed up. Try to smooth her a bit and play with the her shapes. Perfect example would be what Bogdanbl4 did here:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82369

His girl is squarely planted on the ground, the feet completely support the weight of her body and she looks relaxed...although u don't see the ground, u know its there.

I hope i'm not being harsh... just trying to help out :) nice concept by the way!
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Haha not harsh at all :) I get what you’re saying about the floatyness and stuff, I think I fixed that, her stiffness, anddddd the thinness (at least in some areas) tonight.
    But yeah Bogdanbl4’s work = love :D
    She’ll look thicker with all her layering of clothes so that’ll put her where I think I want her to be :D

Are you entering by the way? I want to see some more art from you O_O (I think polycount miss linked your site in the signature :/)
  • Zelenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No lol I wish but too many things going on right now. I wana learn more about all aspect of character creation b4 i jump in. Right now I'm more into the environment stuff.

Yea, tnx for telling me. Fixed the link :)
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    I *think* I finished the base and she’s ready for full zbrush treatment, I might have overlooked something, but I’ll figure that out later if I did. There will be a lot of detail added through Zbrush:
    I’m going with her original spear/lance and instead of a short sword, I’m giving her an axe to give her a more viking/barbarian/norse feel, which I’ll design this weekend :)
    Oh and I threw in planes for the fur since I'm thinking I'll be doing them the alpha-ed way, unless I should sculpt them and have them as full on geometry?

ybourykinahildewipfullb.jpg
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    I realize I'm copy pasting my comment from FB, but I want it to be here as well so you have it here.

Whats going on at her waist? It looks like her shirt end above the waistline and she's wearing booty shorts. The angle of the belt also isn't helping shape her pelvis/tummy region anymore, they need to slant more.

I think the major issue is... the fact that the kimono-like wrap up top looks like you're shortening her waist, which is fine, but then the belt looks so low and it looks like her stomach is exposed. When you angle the belt more to create the shape of a torso I think it will fix it though.

I also feel the kimonolike wrap is much too small. The proportions on your drawing are such that the kimono wrap is almost twice the size of the top, but in this proxy it's half the size, which messes with the proportions a lot. I understand this is a proxy, but this is where the problems start Miss B, and I don't want you creating problems for yourself when you already have so much going on at work and freelance stuff, so sorry if I come off as harsh.

Awesome work, especially for being sick. You obviously have a feel for the character already, just make a few tweaks and never forget your concept and final vision. 3D has a habit of making us forget about that stuff, but I know you can do it.

Also thicken up those legs some more. >.>

katiadrawover.jpg
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    ohhh nooooo notttt the booottty shorrttts! :P
    yeah i haven't tweaked anything after importing them into Zbrush, so things will still be pushed and pulled.
    i'll make the shorts work, probably more as tucked in pants, i'm actually making a "finished" concept of her so all the pieces are in one place and everything is tightened up design wise :)
    and nah not harsh at all, you're good, thanks for pointing stuff out, i'll make sure to lower the belt to extend the waist and stuff and stuff :D

oh and on the stomach i'm going to alpha chainmail in and on the chest as well, if that doesn't fit in with the hanging ones, then i'll do them the same way.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Alrighty, this is my final concept of Hilde, not sure which color or what the shoulder amour should be, hard leather or metal, sooooo numbers? :D
    Thanks!

ybourykinahildeconceptc.jpg
  • MESMURDA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MESMURDA polycounter lvl 12
  • beezul
  • Jeremi Eldridge
    You know my stance. Use the pink/red from the original concept to lead your eyes throughout the piece. The big blocks-o-color aren't doing it for me. Bad ass coloring job fo sho.

But I would use the red/pink color for trims for belts and for the obi type wrap on her torso in order to lead the eye. I already showed you though so Just commenting to comment!

Keep rockin it Miss B.

EDIT: Also I'm all for metal armpads, but I think the viking route kinda requires you to take the leather approach.
  • ishii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would go for the brown or black - I feel the sharp red hair works best with those two.
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should go PISS YELLOW! lawl
    I like the dark ones but ima dark person. Maybe u can add the other colors like red and blue to those.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    Thanks guys!

worked a bit on the high poly this weekend, made an alpha for the chest chainmail to see if it worked out, so it's roughly in there right now and you can partly see the base copy it's on, going to do the same to the stomach :)
    the horns are only half finished if you couldn't tell and you know, stuff and stuff :D

*things will get more asymmetrical later!*

ybourykinahildewiphighp.jpg
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    worked a bit more on the helmet:
    ybourykinahildewiphighp.jpg
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lookin' good, those ears seems to be a bit close and small. Perhaps pulling them out more and enlarging them?
  • haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    I think the base of the horns could be thicker. They look pretty fragile at the moment.

Her body could use some thickening too, especially in the limbs. She doesn't really look like she has the right body type for the armor.

The concept is pretty cool though. Your details are good, but I think some general tweaks to the proportions of things will help a lot.
  • YBourykina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YBourykina RIOT Games
    dang87: hehe thanks Daniel, I just noticed replies on here, her ears are okay on the sizing they’re just hiding under the helmet XD
    haikai: Hey thanks for the feed back, I got around to fixing the horns, definitely made a big difference! And thickened up her limbs a bit too :)

Finished the high poly, been busy with work and life, so I’ve only just started on the low @_@
    I’ll upload close ups later :)
    I keep my WIP blog a bit more updated on Hilde than I do here, so if you’re interestedddddd :
    http://ybourykinasketch.blogspot.com/search/label/Polycount%27s%20Brawl

*thank you Azuryon for suggesting I should use the redish belts to lead the eye like in the original version on her :D *

ybourykinahildehighpoly.jpg
    and finalized the concept:
    ybourykinahildeconceptf.jpg