Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Jojos Bizarre Adventure, DIO, suprore

Joseph Silverman
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
Modern effeminate vampires have NOTHING on this guy. He was the antagonist of a long running manga series i guess, but who reads manga? That's for nerds. Capcom made an AWESOME fighting game about these guys in the mid 90s.

245236-dio_brando_large.jpg

latest update:

scdqma.jpg

Replies

• Dewclaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZA WARUDO.

You are my favorite person, make it good! C:
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a tiny, tiny start, and hopefully this will be the smallest update i ever post, but this is my first day working on it and i'm gonna be super busy all evening, so i only got about an hour worth of diving in out of the way.

Gonna knock out a few drawings to lock down the anatomy and proportions before i dive into 3d -- going for a straight 'nextgen', slightly more realistic take on the character.

27yreyb.jpg

Gonna shoot for some big updates on the 2d front by friday.
  • Dn2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dn2 polycounter lvl 11
    wooo will be watching you too :thumbup:
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay another micro update. I'm not really happy with how generic the figure is and there's still costume shit that needs to get worked out but i really wanted to get some kind of a showing in on the first day.

34paxdl.jpg

Gonna be busy with work the next couple days, but expect some more poses and further definition of anatomy/costume by the weekend.

Going to try and push the proportions a ton toward the way he appears in the game without leaving the realm of relative believability.

am_jojosBizarreAdventureDioBrando.gif
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cancelled my plans tonight to bust out some more 2d. Will edit this post with more later.
    28a87wo.jpg

edit: samurai showdown style... meh.
    nybm8j.jpg
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sl4kew.jpg

Doodling today, i settled on a redesign direction. The primary thrust of this is to just make a more stylistically realistic rendition of dio, but i didn't want to settle for the exact same glam rock aesthetic as the manga/games.

The hypermasculinized, oversexualized music aesthetic is exactly what makes the original character so cool and out there, though, so i'm going to go for a punk rock, richard hell, joe strummer, aesthetic. Half mohawk, cut up snowboard pants, cliched spiked bracelets, combat boots, the whole nine yards.

I want to iron out the pants, hair, and face a bit more in 2d, and then i'm gonna get working on my base mesh.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn, i've hardly put any time in on this. Gotta find more hours and get cracking on 3d after i polish this up a bit more.

scdqma.jpg