Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female head modeling help

Hi guys,

I haven't posted on 3D Art forum in a very long time, and its something I'm hoping to fix. Currently I'm working on a female character (with the intentions of her looking attractive) but I'm having a little trouble with the face. My wife and a few friend have made comments ranging from "she isn't very pretty" to "she looks like a man." I'm at a point where I need some professional artistic help. I think I've been working on this face long enough that i can no longer see any of those "manly" features that I guess are apparent in her face. So I was hoping I might be able to take a step back and hopefully have my eyes opened to the problems by all of you amazing artist.

Thanks!

bm_wip_1.jpg
bm_wip_2.jpg

There is still a lot of work to do be done. The body of the character is just a base color so far and I still haven't fixed some of the normal map errors on the body either.

Replies

• NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    I guess make the lips more full , lower the nose and make a litle smaller little bit more puffy cheecks, side of the eyes less facing foward and a bit back , make her smile a bit and the body is a bit too bulky I guess... but overall I do not think looks like a male or is bad looking ...
  • feanix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    feanix polycounter lvl 7
    Hmm, I personally think she looks attractive. I'm not female so I'm not sure how, exactly, females evaluate the attractiveness of other females. Possibly not in the same way that us males do? I'm not saying discount their opinions but maybe take them with a pinch of salt.
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I might try something like this. Everyone's different, though, so this "beauty" may not work for what you want. Make the eyes a little bigger, move them down slightly but keep the brow where it is, adjust their shape, make the mouth a little wider and fuller, and make the cheek/zygomatic area less wide as it comes into the eye area. Also, the tip of the nose looks kind of stubby. I think it looks good overall, and some of these areas I may have exaggerated a bit much. You could also try framing the right side of her face differently with her hair to slim it down a bit.

Also, are you using reference? :) If not, it wouldn't be a bad idea to find a picture of a female that matches the look and feel you want. You don't have to reference it 100%, but it could help with nailing everything down.
  • Robbiek1000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I appreciate the comments so far! I'll put them all to good use.

JMYoung: How you doin' buddy? You ready for Dom War? (if it happens) Hows the job search? Yeah, I'm using quite a bit of reference for the face, I managed to get the entire 3d.sk library we had at work before we got shut down.