Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Hadidjah

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
hadidjah polycounter lvl 8
Trying to get back into modeling daily (and hopefully branch out from there as well). This is sort of my way of holding myself accountable.

Critiques are always much appreciated.:)

First up, a simple switchblade modeled with intent to smooth. Unsmoothed, it's 7756 tris. Render is just a quick one to show the form a bit better, nothing fancy.

031311_switchblade_comp.jpg

Replies

• hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    Faberge egg speed model, took just shy of an hour.

fabergeEgg_hadidjah.jpeg
  • hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    So despite modeling almost every day since starting this thread, I haven't actually been posting them for some reason. Probably because I'm a jerk.

As per usual, critiques are very much welcome.

110408_stoveRender_hadidjah.jpg
    An AO render of where the high-poly version of my kitchen is so far (not very).

110408_stovewires_hadidjah.jpg
    Smooth previews and wireframes for the high-poly stove.

110406_saltandpepper_hadidjah.jpg
    Salt and pepper shaker. I forgot to time all these kitchen things, but I think these guys took somewhere around an hour?

032311_lockandkey_hadidjah.jpg
    Lock and key took just over two hours.

032211_chain_hadidjah.jpg
    Chain in 20 minutes.
  • hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    hadidjah_0906-1012_sketch_critters.jpg

Some critters I've been drawing over the past few days on the commute train to help get myself back into the habit of dailies. I'm atrociously rusty.:D

(As an aside, if you're looking at this anytime near when I post it I'm sorry about all the dead images below... They're hosted on Godaddy.:P)
  • hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    hadidjah_0911-14_sketches.jpg

Sketches from the past four days (three, really, because I was lame and missed a day). Featuring animals that are almost like normal animals, but then ruin it by being not actually an armadillo or a rabbit.

I might, possibly, be the worst ever at drawing robots.c:
  • hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    Risen from the dead! Here's the stuff I've been working on the last few months.:)

Vertex painter material in UDK and individual tiling textures in Zbrush and Photoshop:
    hadidjah_shaders_terrainpainter.jpg
    hadidjah_textures_rockyDirt.jpg
    hadidjah_textures_streetBricks.jpg
    hadidjah_textures_shortGrass.jpg

Small Chest and Light/Holy Chest in Marmoset, done in Zbrush, Maya and Photoshop:
    hadidjah_props_lightChest.jpg
    hadidjah_props_disappointingchest.jpg

Dark chest in UDK - largely particle practice, but the main texture took ages too.:P
    [vv]103461583[/vv]

An updated version of my Loftis/Wildstar Probot... He's getting on in years now but he's still one of my favorites.:)
    hadidjah_wildstar_probot_main.jpg
    hadidjah_wildstar_probot_breakdown.jpg
  • hadidjah
    Offline / Send Message
    I just recently finished up my first VFX reel, too, and I'm super excited about that.:D

[vv]105104969[/vv]