Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio-characters

These are my personal works where I tried my character sculpting and texturing skills. In a game industry mostly I have done environment but my real passion was and always be characters :) Just wonder what you think about my works. Thanks for any comments and critics.

screen01.jpg

screen02%20copy.jpg

FinalPic03.jpg

FinalPic04.jpg

FinalPic05.jpg

Final_LeprechaunClay02.jpg

Final_LeprechaunClay05.jpg

yen41_finalComposing%20copy.jpg

Boy01%20copy.jpg

General_Pet3.jpg

below are statues I've done for 007 BloodStone

manBust05.jpg

caryatyda.jpg

Replies

• DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    You have some really awesome stuff here! I want more shots of the chick with the weapon, I stopped and stared at that piece for a very long time, it's very intriguing with the light coming out of her hand area like that, can you give a little background story to it or why the weapon is glowing?

My only critique is the sculpted hair for the leprechaun guy, it looks fine but it could look scarier with some well placed cards, 55joe showed a great example of what i'm talking about here. At first he had some problems with his hair but doing it that way just made it really pop!

You planning on starting character work exclusively?
  • zxcman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zxcman polycounter lvl 10
    Awesome models, dude.
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow some unique style going on here, I like! Only critique is for me chicks' hands and feet are too small, but I have astigmatism and shit so I may be wrong. :poly121:

also

screen01.jpg
    =
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPx266rGw3E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPx266rGw3E[/ame]

:poly142::poly142::poly142:
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These look amazing. Nice detail on the statues and medieval character.

Thank you for the earrape as well uncle with that video.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    Your characters are really cool! They look very unique, I especially like the first one! Very cool stylish! :) I also really like the facial expression of the Irish guy, it gives him a certain personality. Congrats!
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you all for your kind words

DDuckworth - The warrior woman I have started on Dominance War III and came back to this model a couple months ago to finally finish it. The source of light you've mentioned is come from a bullet, kind of magic energy as it is magic crossbow. Below you can see it from many different angles ;)
    About leprechaun, I know that the hair aren't the strongest part of this character but I wanted practice my zBrush skills and make everything only in zBrush including colours, materials and rendering. Finally just done some touch in photoshop for better presentation. If I have time for this I'll take it to maya and will make more realistic hair.
    I am an environment artist but I would prefer to do characters professionally not only in my spare time :)

uncle - I need to admit that I have astigmatism as well, this is why I have problems to draw straight lines :) I am wonder if another have the same feelings about the size of feet and hands.

yen_finalComposing%20copy2.jpg
  • DDuckworth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    Very cool, I love the weapon concept and execution, it is really cool and a definite favorite of mine for the crossbow/bow category now. Well you did a great job on the leprechaun if that was your objective you pulled it off for sure, i'm sure in no time you'll be hired to handle this professionally.