Home Technical Talk

Free mocap data on sdk character, ERROR?!

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys!:cool:

I was thinking of working on getting a new job..:poly142:
Sooo, I wanted to do some stuff that has to do with that company. Cater to their ego, as Eddie Murphy would have said:poly136:

I had this Call of Duty 4 character sdk laying around. It's skinned up and good to go. I did some handkey stuff on it about a year ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrVwNwp3g4:poly124:), but I was thinking of cleaning some mocap on it now instead.

At my current place, we have a Motionbuilder rig that is adapted for the kind of motioncapture system that we have. So what I do at work is to just Load Animation in the Character controls.
What I did here, was to get some free mocap data from http://accad.osu.edu/research/mocap/mocap_data.htm and plot the skeletal (.bhv file) data back to a biped controlrig in Motion Builder.

I've tried to do this in different ways. Always get the same result as the picture here, so I just did the quick way, to show you guys the result I get.
What I did here was to actually merge the mocap controlrig .fbx scene, so that I have to characters in the scene basically. And then I used the mocap data controlrig as input for the Cod4 guy. I selected Yes to both promts (DOF rotation settings [the fuck?] and Hiarchy [ya, maybe that should be a No lol]). Even if I select No on those both promts, or Yes/No or No/Yes I still get the same result.
Also when just trying to Load Animation onto the Cod4 controlrig.

Any ideas whats up?
Is the Cod4 skeletal rig totally wierd that the mocapdata cant be applied? Shouldnt matter since its just the Motionbuilder rigs..?

Is the mocap data fubar? .. I've tried to use these mocap files on different characters, even the ones that come with Motionbuilder. Always have the same result.

fukwat.jpg

Hope you guys can help me!
Or, if you know a website with some cool free mocap data that I could use! (preferbly "army"-mocap, crawling, ducking, whatevering..)