Home Technical Talk

Unity

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
DInusty polycounter lvl 17
I figured there should be a section for this up there with crytek and UDK :)

just started messing with it when im not working and its quite powerful. also for 100 bucks you can get there node based 3rd party tool. so now they have a material editor thats at least on level with current other engines as seen in this other PC thread :)

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75651

Replies

• tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    Unity is a great tool...no doubt about that. It'd be cool to have a section for that as well. I support that.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    if there was more people asking for help in unity I'm sure the PC mods would look into creating a forum for it, but as of right now, there's only a few member that actively use it/post about it.
  • Farfarer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely loving playing with Unity... just wish the Pro version was cheaper :P

As for a specific part... the Unity forums are really good. I don't know if there's much need for a separate one here.
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i guess we will just have to make it apparently that its awesome enough to have a section for :)

it just felt like since there is a what are you working on and lowpoly what are you working on

seems it would be awesome and maybe this is something other then unity but a section for possible game engine and mobile game engine. anywho, just thoughts :) i want this forum to be the best.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    Not enough questions and contributions yet in my opinion. Once we get more of that here it might make sense but for now I don't see that happening.
    The thing is that Unity already prepared very well for this case and has a excellent community and Q&A system.

The other thing is that more people here seem to be focused on UDK, so once there is more activity on the unity side I am sure that another section might emerge.
  • DInusty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you win this round... hehe

alright sounds good to me.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    If you have cool stuff to share about unity just create a thread or if its tool related post it in the what are you working on Technical Aartist thread. Mods usually pick up cool stuff and add it to the wiki.
    Speaking of Wiki some of Keens stuff could be added there like his shader editor. I might release this year some scripts for max and unity to improve the workflow. So I guess plenty of things on the horizont but for now I guess wait and see.

Maybe if you want to have more Unity discussions here start posting stuff to discuss about yourself ;) that might start things rolling. Same for questions, tips new plugins or tools you tried out etc.