Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Idea for new TF2 sniper rifle: biathlon rifle

I posted this in the WAYWO TF2 thread as well--hoping for more exposure here as well.

Hey everyone, I am a TF2 player and a n00b modeler (by n00b I mean I know what it is and that other people are good at it) and I have an idea for a sniper rifle set for the Sniper in TF2. I realize that I will never make this alone, but I would love to share this idea with the community and submit it to Valve. The things you are creating are incredible! Your talents are full of win.

Have you ever seen one of these rifles used in biathlons? They use a straight pull bolt action. I watched these guns used in the Olympics and it was really cool to watch. It reloads really fast and with a simple pull of the action. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC5bPrl0wxw"]Here is a video[/ame] showing the action.

I want to submit it with skiis as a secondary and a ski pole as a melee weapon as a sniper pack. I imagine the skiis to be tiny little wooden vintage looking skiis and the pole an old school 1950 era wooden pole with a plastic basket. My idea for the set is a sniper rifle with little or no kickback, that stays in scope between shots, but needs two shots to the head to kill.

I am sure that many of you are capable of making a model of this rifle. Is anyone willing to work together with me to make this and submit it to Valve? You can reach me on Steam here if you are interested. I would love the chance to work with you to make this idea a reality.

//wealthofinsight

Replies