Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WiP] The Dark Carnival

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Tepcio polycounter lvl 8
Hi guys!

It's my new environment which I have been working on for the last two months.

Soft used: UDK, Maya, Photoshop, Xnormal

11224445.th.jpg udk2010121120082881.th.jpg udk2010121120092009.th.jpg udk2010121120113654.th.jpg udk2010121120123237.th.jpg

It's a bit too dark but I'm going to fix that.

Short movie:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5It5v_8c0k4[/ame]

I'm very sorry for fps but my hardware is too weak for this stuff :(
I'm going to render final version on better pc though.

Replies

• SinisterUrge
    This is beautiful. One thing pops out at me, its the moon. Its grey colour doesn't match the rest of the scene. Perhaps, a blue or golden tint would do the trick. More variety of rubbish scattered around the place would give the look of a carnival now over.
  • NothingHappens
    That's great.

I noticed one thing in the video : The way the grass moves (simulating the wind) looks like the grass is growing super-fast.

And like SinisterUrge said; the moon looks a little out of the rest.
    But I'm not really ok about the blue or golden tint. I think a rusty tint (more "light desaturated orange" than golden), but maybe that's the tint SinisterUrge was thinking about) would be better.
  • Jessica Dinh
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    WOW. Your work is so beautiful!!! XD Only thing is the video is a little slow in the beginning - I don't think you need to linger on each scene for so long. I preferred when the camera was moving like toward the mid/end of your video. Inspiring, thank you! :D
  • Makkon
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Love it! Very moody!
    The thing that kept bugging me like crazy, though, was that tarp hanging in the street. It kept obstructing my view and was actually quite distracting. It's not that it's a bad idea, but it's in the way of viewing some major focal points. I'd move it to an un-obstructive location, or take it down.
  • Striff
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    I really like the mood you created. However, looking at the pics makes me feel like the whole level is too "noisy". I don't know if its the normal maps your using or what, but there is just too much noise and its hard to focus on any one thing. I like the video a lot.
  • Tepcio
    Offline / Send Message
    Tepcio polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for feedback guys!