Home Technical Talk

Need help with swiftloop

I am trying to use swiftloop on my model but it is for some reason only allowing my to do the command on certain parts of the model. Or in other words I cant get it to loop around certain faces of my model... any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• PredatorGSR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PredatorGSR polycounter lvl 14
    Make sure you have all the verts welded, there aren't double faces (lamina faces), there isn't an extra vertice in the middle of an edge, the normals aren't flipped on that face, etc. Every time I've had loop select not work it was because of some type of topology error that broke the polygon strip.
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just checked... didnt see any bad geometry... but here is a pic of what I am having trouble doing a swiftloop to.bi2ef9.gif
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, first make sure there are no errors with the geometry. Also, I've noticed that swift loop is a little buggy at certain camera distances. Sometimes I need to zoom out on the object to make it recognize the loop.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Are you using it for the base's height?..ofcourse it's not gonna do anything because swiftloop ony work for quads (cus it cut the polygon based on it's topology). I noticed that the pillar, or whatever that thing in the corner, is attached to the base which make the big polygon at the bottom become 10 sided poly. Detach the pillar from the base and make the base all quads is the easiest way to achieve what you asked for.

_Revel
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone... I just found the problem and it was vertices not connected. Once I connected the vertices, swiftloop worked. Rookie mistake, but at least there are people like you guys to help me out.