Home General Discussion

Congrats to all the new TF2 gear that the community made!

It is always great to see new stuff go up on TF2 but it feels even better knowing it came from the hard working people of polycount!

Great job guys!

Replies

• Swizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    *hugs*

That, uh, that's a gun in my pocket.
  • Klumpmeister
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    I'll say this.. for the visuals a lot of the stuff I just bought was well worth it. Gameplay wise, I think Valve did a bit of a dishonor to a few folks with how they gimped what the weapons could possibly do.

I was really hoping some things (like the 2-shot demo weapon) would be fast reload, low damage, a few bounces. With the regular reload speed, no bounce (goes away on impact), and not a significant amount of damage increase, it's pretty useless in most battles. The grenade melee weapon should be swinging a whole helluva lot faster, and while it's amusing, having it be pretty much deadly to the player if they're at anything less than full health makes it nothing more than annoying on any server without instant respawn. The Heavy's minigun is another example - absolutely beautiful, but if it's gonna turn the Heavy into pretty much a immovable turret, give the players a lot more ammo and a decent bit more damage.

Sorry to rant, but the design team's not doing the artists justice. :(
  • achmedthesnake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    achmedthesnake polycounter lvl 17
    ugh still gotta organise my paperwork so can get paid...
    maybe by 2011..
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    flaagan, every hit with the Lock n'Load is pretty much a guaranteed 1 hit kill, only problem is it's hard as hell to aim and has 0 splash damage. But I like it so far, it's really satisfying when you nail someone with it. :)
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    ironbearxl wrote: »
    flaagan, every hit with the Lock n'Load is pretty much a guaranteed 1 hit kill, only problem is it's hard as hell to aim and has 0 splash damage. But I like it so far, it's really satisfying when you nail someone with it. :)

Yah, definitely forces you to aim, don't totally hate that. I am gonna hate on the reload time and weapon switch time for a two-shot weapon on a character that normally has 5+ rounds to play with.
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    One thing must be said :
    Polycount owns.
  • Y_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Y_M polycounter lvl 10
    Congrats guys. :)

I was really surprised about the stamps, when they emailed us the other day about some kind of continuous payments for mapmakers I assumed it would be something more gameplay related.

So who bought hoodoo/coldfront/mann manor stamps? I'd like to say thank you! :p
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    is there a list or link?
  • chuuuuucky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chuuuuucky polycounter lvl 13
    ironbearxl wrote: »

Unfortunatly i can´t agree with you. With one hit you can do 132 damage. There is only 2 classes that can die (with full health) with one shoot.
    Spy and Scout. All other classes need 2 shoots when they have full health.
    As much as i like the model as unusefull the weapon is in combat. I tried it out now for 3h and haven´t seen any advantage to the GL. If they don´t change the weapon abilitys a bit i think the weapon will only be used by a small group of people. That would be sad because i like the design of the weapon alot.

The grenade is pure fun and the best item in the new update.

But anyways congrats to you guys go on with your awesome work.
  • Pierate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15