ayoub44 polycounter lvl 10
hi guys
now i'm working on a castle environement from inside

in this scene i'm not using normal map .. just diffuse and some spec map
so i need some feedback :) ...

Pic :

85263026.jpg

98821878.jpg

the scene need more details ... any ideas ?

cc welcome ^^

Replies

• The Umbrella Man
    Just on first blush I would say the brick looks weird because it doesn't look like brick. It looks like poured concrete from a mold, and because the top and bottom have brick sections aligned which is also weird. If you want it to read more as brick you need the grout between bricks to be a different color. Also the brick looks a little too perfect. Sure it's kinda dirty, but where are the chips and dings.

Also the trim above the bricks stands out way too much, mainly because of the color, but also because it is way higher detailed then the brick is, so the brick below it is subdued while the eye is drawn right to the intricate patterns above. You need to spread the focus of details all around the object, and ou need to pick two colors that don't clash together so much. The brick looks egg shell almost pink while the trim above is giving off a yellow, and green tint. It's a weird combo.
  • gannonroader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gannonroader polycounter lvl 8
    Also there is obvious tiling there. Of course you can use tiling, and should, but it should be more seamless. Try using offset and high pass in photoshop. That might help a little bit, but you should probably consider a new texture all together.

Another thing you could do is make a couple damaged pillars. 2 would probably do it if you can make them varied enough. Then you could rotate them to appear to the camera as different. The damage doesn't have to be extreme, just little chunks and cracks.
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    **The Umbrella Man: about yellow and white ... it's wierd !! that because the lighting . but i try marmoset and it's cool for presentaion :) thanks you
    **gannonroader : thanks , i love idea about broken pillar !! and i'm working on that :)
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update :
    25862675.jpg
    51463801.jpg

tell me wath you think :)
  • ayoub44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some new update :
    i make my scene with mental ray render ... and a little bit need some fixing
    and i start on texturing some small assest

lightmentalray.jpg

jar02textured.jpgjaratextured.jpg
  • Builder_Anthony
    I like the cup.The little insignia makes it intresting.
  • nordahl154
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nordahl154 polycounter lvl 9
    Great textures :)