Initial model, working on textures now.

Decided to make a "spyware" program character. C:

Tri Count: 1014

2im8acg.jpg

Replies

• Arkhange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting approach of this contest. The hood and hands seams just a bit over detailled in comparison of the rest ; I would save sme tris on those parts to add more tris on the kind of sickle weapon.
    Waiting for some texture ;)
  • Dewclaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, and yeah, I see where I could totally rework some of that.

By less on the hood, would you suggest the front or the back? The front is intended to be the visor of the helmet (guess it would have helped if I marked that ;p ), and I can see where I could probably lessen it in the back as well.
  • Arkhange
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For the hood, I'm thinking about a loop on the top of the back, and maybe try to delete a loop on the side.
    And yes keep the visor of helmet like that, it will surely be more practical to work.
  • Dewclaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again for that! Here's a little more reworked with starting textures (still have to do the cape/neck and weapon, obviously). New polycount is 910 tris.

Also, I feel a bit newbish for this, but I'm not actual sure how to make the visor appear transparent through alphas. What's pictured here is just temporary Maya transparency until I figure it out. D:

2u4mstt.jpg