Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My train.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
First bake pass done. Will go over some parts that are messed up and do rebakes as i get to them during texturing.

Bakesahoy.jpg

Replies

• mparis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Overall your bake looks like it turned out well. Couple of artifacts that could be tweaked but it's reading very well.

Is this supposed to have some modern touches to it? Most of it reads as a classical train design but once you hit the engineer's cab it suddenly seems very modern, almost military like. Is that an antenna on top?
  • limesimme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    limesimme polycounter lvl 11
    Really cool, can't wait to see it textured!
  • seir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice, but no interior?
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mparis. Thanks man. Yeah, def gotta sort some parts out. Basically the idea of the train was to have it as a centerpiece in an environment I was doing (Basically a world populated by Robots in various forms).

So that was the overall plan. Should have worked more on the design I suppose.

seir. No :(

Anyway. Here's a color block in. Right now I'm more focused on the overall scheme/layout but I'll def have to tweak the colors later, although I do kinda like it as it is. Maybe make the dark metal darker. I'll knock a few color schemes out and see what the general opinion is. :)

color.jpg
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Looks great mate :)
    I cant wait to see it will some spec...gonna look sweet!
  • Pedro Amorim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah! Looks great Andr
  • Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    Nice colors :) loving it !

How much poly is it sitting at? Im guessing its baked alrdy
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks great man!

Could you post a wireframe and UV layout? I'm really working on trying to get good bakes and this would help a lot.
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dudes. Really glad you guys like it. Been/am going through a rough patch with my stuff lately.

Jungsik: 26k-ish. I might optimize and remove stuff I notice I can get away with it (Objects you never see and such) but I'm not super concerned about the count though so eh.

Sean: Sure. They're less than ideal I'm sure so take them with a grain of salt. Or a few scoops :)

I made everything use the same texel-space, seeing the UV's now I could get away with making the smaller objects have more uv-space and should have spaced them out a bit more. Don't pack to much! Eep. Anyway. Might scale some uv's up where it's needed

uv.jpg

Wire.jpg
  • ajr2764
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ajr2764 polycounter lvl 10
    I really like the design, modeling is clean although i do think there are several cylindrical parts that dont need as many edge loops as they do. The colors are interesting but perhaps you should do some other schemes as well. Look forward to seeing more.
  • dtschultz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dtschultz polycounter lvl 12
    That's sick! Your normals are definitely doing their job. I could have sworn you actually had polys in a few places that you do not. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.