Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gemini Demons

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
So we have to do a 'Dominance War'-esque competition which follow the same sort of rules and limitations as the previous Dom War. My project idea for this is to do these twin demons. At the moment though they look naff, so I'd really like some crits and how to improve on what I've got so far :).

Concept:
geminiconcept4colour.jpg

Head sculpts:
headstart.jpg

headmstart.jpg

Torso Sculpts:
fembodystart.jpg
malebodystart.jpg

Low Poly Armour and improved proportions:
charssofar.jpg
charssofarwire.jpg

As you can see, I've sort of done a bit of everything... I've been changing the torso parts around a bit in the Low Pollies so I'll prolly have to do a lot of fiddling/redo the torso sculpts.

Thanks

Replies

• TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on the high poly stuff for the characters. Still need to work on the shoulders, gauntlets, then all the little titbits to add on.

charshigharmour.jpg
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been working on this armour texture but I'm not sure about the colour..

Here it is normally:

textureprogress2.jpg

Testing green+silver:
    texturegreen.jpg
  • Melonman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would work allot more on the proportions first before getting too much into the texturing stage.
    You said at the start that your concept was a bit naff?

In my opinion then probably best to work more on the concept so you know what you want out of your model detail wise. As you have already modelled a base mesh why not take the opportunity to do a paintover to see where your gonna take this.

Deffo work on the proportions more if you can and have time because atm I think some parts of your models need tweaking.

Hope this helps and keep at it.
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only have till friday :( I'll try and make some ajustments to the proportions if I have time to spare, any preferences? Apart from the giant goalie gloves on the female.

proportionss.jpg
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey, felt I should post these up and finish off this thread since the assignment time is up. I feel that the normal map is a bit redundant in this! I've improved on my texturing a fair bit and I hope to reach a first for this assignment :). If you're wondering about the Dominance War IV tag, it's because it's a requirement to include the name that you have chosen to base your challenge from for your assignment on the presentation sheets.

presentationsheet.jpg
    hardwarerender.jpg
    construction1.jpg
    shotsi.jpg

Edit: By the way does anyone know how to get alpha planes to look right in Marmoset? It's probably just my texturing..