Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyborg Demon Girl

Working on this, looking for some major suggestions to bring it to pro level. Be harsh, very harsh, but constructive.

About 2880 tris atm 1024 diffuse.

ydwoQ.png

Replies

• Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    I'm no character artist, but here's my crits anyway:

From afar the wrinkles in her forehead look strange, like they're some sort of head-gear or something.

Not sure about all the other wrinkles either. Maybe there's too many of them? In the thigh area especially it looks like its too much. I'd expect to see more creases like that if she bending or something and was old, but not if she's just standing upright like that.

How old is she supposed to be?

The gun is supposed to be steel, yeah? To me it kind of looks like wood for the barrel and some sort of stone for the base. It's something about the way you've done the cracks that make it look weird to me.

The texture style you're going for is pretty slick. Should look great when you work on it some more and get normals and spec in.

hope that helps.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The most general thing that is putting me off about this is the way it is painted(sorry)

It it just way too muddy and losely painted. What you really need todo is block in different planes with your colour first to define surfaces and textures.

Also, put somekindof colour into your shadows. That will make everything pop more.
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the paintover mario, I think it helped. I refined some parts of the texture, simplified other parts, tilted the nose down etc...

jgpSz.png
  • achillesian
  • achillesian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    updates
    DmQpy.png

some flats

5CoWY.png