Home Technical Talk

zbrush, imported object uvs not working when raising subdivision

Hello,

I am having an issue working on a model because I think the mesh is corrupted or there is something wrong I am doing! Ok, I'll explain, I created a mesh in zb sculpted up to subdiv 6 around.

then I lower the subdivs, and exported the mesh at subdiv one, did all the uvs in uvlayout, and then reimported the .obj with uvs back to zb. until there its ok, but when I pull up my subdivisions to level 6 again, even though the uvs seem ok when I click on "new from uvcheck" ...the texture I see has like little squares all around, so not displaying the texture correctly. Also when I try to decimate my mesh it sort of crunches into some weird shape with only some parts being decimated correctly not like a normal decimated mesh, so I think my mesh is corrupted then (but when I am at maximum subdiv 6 it displays correctly, also the wireframe looks ok).

Now you might say why I dont work with subdiv 1 already with uvs and a normal, well its because its meant for print and the normal its not cutting as I thought, so I need an actual highres decimated .obj with uvs to work with, and it will suck to re do all the uvs and textures again.

I will appreciate your help on this!! thanks in advanced.

Replies