Replies

• Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Conor wrote: »
    ...with a bit of motion blur you can't really see the gaps

You sneaky dog ;)
    When it comes to rendering animation type stuff, I'm pretty clueless, so thanks for that. I don't know why max dies so badly when I'm trying to animate the UVs, but I'll keep at it.

Thanks again Conor!
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    use a uvw xform modifier might work better than manually editing the uvs
  • thegreyman1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thegreyman1 polycounter lvl 11
    awesome design...
  • Aran Anderson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aran Anderson polycounter lvl 12
    Awesome, I love the video it fits the new TRON style very well!
  • markthehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! I found this awesome forum thanks to the Conor's video. Impressive work, man!
    Let me introduce myself, I'm Marco, I'm 26 and I'm a musician and an actor, I'm studying at the national italian tv (RAI). I did some shortmetrages but I'm not giving you the links (I don't want to spam!).

I'm trying to realize a webseries: more or less, a nerd creates a console based on virtual reality. He enters into this digital world and he'll meet 4 A.I.s who will play tunes of old videogames (completely re-arranged) as the nerd plays some game. This is an extremely basic overview, the story is quite intricate and it's too long to be written here in details... also I don't want to bother you! If you wish further information just ask! :) We're working hard on this: we're finishing the script, the songs have already been finished and we're also realizing some costumes.

...let's get to the point. I'm looking for someone who can design this digital world.. and I've seen some impressive work, here.
    It is just one "room" and more precisely I NEED NO ANIMATIONS OF THE CAMERA: I'd like some little objects of the room to be animated, just to avoid the background looking like a jpg.

As I said, I'd need more or less two shots of the digital background: I think that the Tron Legacy's style is simply perfect (costumes are very similar too!) and these two shots I'm attaching represent what I'd like the world to be.
    1. This one is how I imagine the "side" of the nerd

nerd.jpg

2. This is where I'd like the A.I.s to be

ais.jpg

I really hope there'll be someone interested in this project! Just ask and I'll give you all the details you wish!

Thank you! :)
    Marco
  • Conor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Conor polycounter lvl 18
    Hi Marco - you should post in the requests forum: http://www.polycount.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

This forum is really only for contests so nobody is likely to see your post here.
  • bacman12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nice work, and it's cool what you did with the proppellars. Just adding a plane with some fancy textures, cool
  • shannongoldsmith3d
    Very Well done, The design is incredibly sleek. I am quite impressed with the slight edge highlights pushing the metal like material. The rotor itself is a great use of textures and conveys the Tron theme very well. Great piece
  • Cav73
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cav73 polycounter lvl 11
    Well done and great tutorial video. Top notch!
  • irokrhus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking awesome gj!