Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Online Portfolio remade - Crits please :)

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
Hi guys,

I´ve worked in a new layout for my portfolio. The previous layout was too boring and had too many old stuff... :\
Some artwork has been removed.

Is there anything you believe don´t fit on there?
Something I should change? Layout? presentation? artwork order?
Any coment is welcome!

www.fabiobrasiliense.com

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it :)

The little city thumbnail at the bottom is awesome haha. The coming soon image with the rocks is a bit of a turn off...they stick out and don't look like they match the quality of your other works.
  • jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    Hey man! Digging it so far but there were a couple of things I wanted to point out. The spacing is inconsistent between a lot of things. And the I don't understand why you have a 2d art and a studies... Why can't you put the studies in with the 2d art? Are you not proud of them? Is that why they are in their own category labeled as studies? To protect them from being judged? If that is the case you don't need them on your site.

Sorry man those are just the questions that came to my mind. I think the same applies for the "old work." If it is old... why do I care to see it? Why do you want to show your old work? I would hope that your new work would be better so I don't really care to look at your old work. lol And if you are proud of it, then put it in with your other models and consider changing the category from 3d Characters... to 3d Models. Or just combine your sculpts in with your 3d characters and make a new catagory called Animated shorts...

I would also suggest having your name link you back to your main page. That is just expected now-adays you know? I clicked your name before I saw the "<< Back to Main" super tiny in the top right hand corner. :P

Lastly it looks the boxes that contain the different categories were non-proportionally scaled at some point because your corners are squashed... and also jagged.

I brightened up your main gray page because the dull blue and the dark gray was making your page look a little dead. Lobo isn't helping. :P I also really didn't like the light gray thick stroke on your categories either. idk why... so I played with a thinner black stroke and put a slight drop shadow to pull them off the page.

I also switched 2d art and Sculpts because I assume you are trying to get hired as a 3d artist not a 2d. Not that you wouldn't want to get hired as a 2d artist... but that seems to be more what your site is geared towards... so make it really seem that way. I wouldn't get caught in limbo so when people come to your site they know what you are trying to get hired for. Might not even hurt to put a title at the top next to your name. "3d Modeler" "3d Character Artist" if that is what you want to do.

-phew- Hope that helps man Good luck!

Untitled-1-6.jpg
  • SadamHu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I really like the paint over. You have some great work too.
    My concern was seeing the "coming soon" panels. That just makes
    me think yeah right! I don't know you so how can I say that!?
    How many times have you gone back to sites that never got updated?

I got the sense that you felt you didn't have enough work to show
    off. Don't feel like that if you do, because your work is great.
    I really dig your style. Take on board what Jeremiah has there.
  • fabio brasilien
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabio brasilien polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks guys for your feedback.
    I just found some time to fix it today...I hope it looks fine now.

gsokol: I was planning to make a texture section there. I agree that this texture was looking to stretched...I removed. I´ve been doing a lot of sci-fy tileable textures. But they are not available to show yet.

jeremiah_bigley: Studies was created for all unfinished work like sketch, painting studies, sculpt or life drawing. But I agree that doesn´t make sense a section with 2 artwork on that...I removed for now.
    Old Stuff was the way I found to keep some stuff online but without being judge for that like you said... lol. I made this short film during my studies and I didn´t have time to polish the animation. I like the movie, but I hate the animation. Although all my friends and family love it. I understand that this is not the most professional way to do, but this is the way I found to keep those stuff online. I hope it is not that bad. Someone disagree?
    I fixed other issues you pointed. You have good eyes! :poly127:
    I thought noone would notice those "small" mistakes... :poly124:

SadamHu: I gonna try to explain: As I said I´ve done a lot of textures that I am planing to put on the textures section, also a lot of scifi assets to put on the last section. But they are not available yet to shown. But I agree with you...I don´t realy know how long It would be left like "coming soon"

I realy like those criticism. Now I have to stop being a web designer (bad one) and come back to some artwork... :poly142: