Home Technical Talk

Wacom pressure sensitivity woes

nullfed
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
nullfed polycounter lvl 9
Hi there,

After finding my license for Paint tool SAI on an old disc, I decided to give it another go. After reinstalling it, I cannot get pressure sensitivity to work on an Intuos 4 so the program becomes pretty unusable.

I got out my Intuos 3 and got the same results. With both tablets, I could use pressure sensitivity in Photoshop while not being able to in SAI.

After searching in circles on the web, The only advice was to try different drivers so after a tedious session of remove/reboot/install/fail/begin again with another driver, I thought i would ask here if anyone has had similar problems.

I've tried every compatible Vista driver with both the 3 and the 4 and i'm out of ideas except reinstalling the OS, which I would be willing to do if it solved issues, but with my current luck I wouldn't be suprised if it made sod all difference.
The frustrating thing is that SAI and SketchbookPro (which gave bizarre feedback with the intuos 4 btw) both worked on the same PC with the same OS while using my intuos 3.

Is reinstalling Vista the only option? i'm hoping i've missed something obvious...

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    From your post it does sound like the problem might be with SAI itself. Before you do anything drastic, have you made sure the pressure sensitivity has been switched on for the brushes in SAI? Under Advanced Settings, Density, Size and Blend are checked?
  • nullfed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After more attempts with different drivers, the pressure sensitivity is back (seems like fluke though - I have no idea what I did differently)

The problem I have now though is that in pen mode, the cursor won't work on my second screen and in mouse mode, the cursor is stuck in the top left corner of my main monitor!

Looking on the Wacom forum, this was answered with 'you may be using a non-standard mouse driver' and some instructions on how to solve that. I am using a standard mouse driver and the solution didn't work for me. :(
  • nullfed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gah! i'm not sure where I got the idea but I just uninstalled all USB devices in device manager, all mice and all human input devices and rebooted. That seems to have solved it so I guess some USB issue had come up. Oh well, thanks anyway. Gah!