Home Technical Talk

zb4 noise bug, quick question!

Hi there!

I am doing some rocks in ZB4 while testing it out for first time, I am trying to use the surface noise modifier, but I am getting this weird bug (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4138955/drop3d/bugnoise.jpg), maybe I clicked something wrong, is just that I couldn't figure it out yet... :), I closed and reopen and still when I apply surface noise I get the same bug, thanks for your help!!!

Replies

• Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does your model have uvs? It may be related to that. I haven't had this issue, so I can't say for sure though. Check the pixologic wiki as well, it may have known issues on the noise article.
  • Tyrone70
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been getting this error too, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with scale. I haven't tested it myself, but try scaling down your mesh in Zbrush and see if it works better.

*tests* Yup. it's definitely a scale issue. Go to your highest sub level, then scale it down 100% about 5 times in the deformation panel. Apply the noise to your mesh and scale it back up again. It may crash a few time, but once it works, you should be fine.
  • maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi MightyPea, no my model have no uvs yet, I read someone had a similar problem and just went to --deformation -- unify (x,y,z) hit surface noise again and now got it to work!!! ....I am no really sure with is this happening but ok! at least it works!! thanks for your time.
  • divi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    divi polycounter lvl 12
    had that happen too, especially with GoZ. will try the unify next time it happens. thanks for sharing!