Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Younger Revy - Comicon Challenge 2010

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Poribo polycounter lvl 13
Hey guys, here's my CC2010 entry. It's Revy from the Manga/Anime Black Lagoon.
This is my first "next-gen" character I've made and I've learnt a lot while making her.

There are a few places where I rushed a bit like the guns and the pedestal and things are just crap due to my inexperience to sculpting like the laces of the boots. Also she ended up looking a bit like Lara from the older Tomb Raider games.

44-game-3d-art-30975-1286937507-image.jpg

44-game-3d-art-30975-1286937616-image.jpg

44-game-3d-art-30975-1286937695-image.jpg

44-game-3d-art-30975-1286937778-image.jpg

44-game-3d-art-30975-1286937899-image.jpg

Replies

• KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    Revy has attitude. Why wasn't that attitude translated into the model/texture? Specifically the face. It's just so....blank.
  • GoodDreams
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Furthermore, I don't understand why she's "younger". In the images she's like 20 something and you've made her costume and apperance exactly the same sooo.... wat?
  • Poribo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poribo polycounter lvl 13
    Revy has attitude. Why wasn't that attitude translated into the model/texture? Specifically the face. It's just so....blank.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, my main intention was to her younger and less sadistic like the middle-right picture in the concept sheet, but as you said, made it less interesting to look at.

Sigh, I always make these kind of mistakes :(
    GoodDreams wrote: »
    Furthermore, I don't understand why she's "younger". In the images she's like 20 something and you've made her costume and apperance exactly the same sooo.... wat?

Well in the contest you had an option to change the age but not necessarily the costume, I wanted to make her more in her teens. I tried to do it by making her thinner and a more "softer face".