Home Unreal Engine

Skeletal Mesh Questions

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
Ok so first time I do this with a .PSA, some stuff doesn't work

-I have all animations in one file, and just digest ranges of them. If I have an animation going from 0-80, I type this in the range field. Still, ingame it looks like it samples the next frame or something, a few animations, just jerk back to their original pose at the end. Why is this?

edit: damn, I fixed this too. it's just when you set the preview timeslider to loop instead of single. Kinda weird, but it's just a preview thing.

-Scale keys don't work apparently. That kinda sucks, I'd really thought they would. i read this however:
while you cannot have bone scaling in the anims themselves, you can use the anim tree to do this. You can use the single bone controller and use the bone scale on there, in accordance with the meta data in the animsets.

The meta data allows you to select a class(you'd probably want keyframe) and then allows you to specify a skel control name(from your tree) and the times and values you want for scale etc. This can also be used to animate any other skel control node in the anim trees, like IK nodes etc.
I don't really get that. Can I still control this scale thing through Matinee then? Or do I need Uscript for it ?

-Apparently, not even my position keys are exporting? Don't tell me i can only do rotation... ?
-> this is just a stupid "Rotation Only" box I need to untick.