Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

DW3 character return - WIP

-latest-

dager01.jpg
weapon01.jpg
yen12.jpg

I've started this character a couple years back in Dominance War 3.Thought that would be good to finish it instead of let it sink into oblivion. It's also great warm up before upcoming DW5 :)

The model is on zbrushing stage and want to make a few improves like new hair, sculpt face and add extra details. I am counting on your opinions ;)

Later on i will attach also a weapon which is crossbow.

screen01.jpg (Linked)

screen02.jpg (Linked)

Replies

• P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    upper torso seems long, hands look like old person hands, arms and legs look too buff/manish
    curious to know the influences on the outfit, if you remember.
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like how you've identified the anatomy in the calf/back of the knee area. The nose ridge seems to evenly distributed, like a perfectly rectangular shape. It should taper off or pinch up more as it carries to the top. The jaw bones a little two wide in the front. Also, you might consider redoing the ZBrush hair sculpt, as in its current state, doesn't look very compelling in presentation form. The arm muscles look strange from teh back, like they are pinched. Good job, keep going!
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 - I am not sure what you mean saying about "influences on the outfit" (is it about green stuff ??????? :) I may change the proportion slightly in low poly when I bring back the model to Maya at the moment there is to many sub-tools to modify. I agree about hands, they need to be more women shapes. She is the warrior so i thought that she need to have strong, muscle arms and legs.

ivanushka - Thanks man, there is not much exposed body so i want to do it precisely. I haven't sculpted the face in zbrush yet, its just subdivided. The hair definitely has to be redone. I agree about the muscles on the arm so i'll try to make it better. Tomorrow i should post new screens with improvements and a weapon. Thanks :)
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cMac wrote: »
    P442 - I may change the proportion slightly in low poly when I bring back the model to Maya at the moment there is to many sub-tools to modify.

download the transpose master plugin from pixologic's website...thats pretty much exactly the problem it fixes.
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woogity wrote: »
    download the transpose master plugin from pixologic's website...thats pretty much exactly the problem it fixes.

I have used transpose master once in another character and it broke up a few of sub tools during converting to high poly. Dont know why, I thought it was memory problem maybe or high res extracted bits. I may try another go with transpose master in this model.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    i ask because the outfit seems strange to me. It has an Aztec feel, but not sure if it is armor or ceremonial, it seems a little of both, but not one or the other
    Also, for the body type, warriors are more lean than muscular. A woman would not have that much muscle mass without some serious bodybuilding, but even so, those arms don't go with those legs.

I would say, if you want her to be bodybuilder style, her thighs need to be much larger

American-Gladiators4.jpg
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually didn't use any obvious references to make the design. It was totally my invention. But my idea was to design armour with bird motives. So it may looks little bit like Aztec little like Roman influences but it wasn't my objective. She is an archer so i thought about light armour with metal and lather elements. I'll make the materials little shiny and worn somewhere as she is on the war rather than ceremony :)
    I know that something wrong with the arms, so definitely going to rebuild them and I'll make the thighs bigger as you said. Thanks.

here is my old concept

Yen_03.jpg (Linked)
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    the flow of shapes across and around that armour is nothing short of beautiful. Really ties everything together. The addition of the skirt thingy really helps this too, but it seems odd that it's a torn rag when the rest of the armour is so clean?
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr- thank you. I still may change the skirt, especially on the back side is to worn.

here is an update, I've sculpted face and changed hair ready to texture in maya.
    yen05.jpg (Linked)

...arms and hands changed
    yen10.jpg (Linked)

I am not completely satisfy with the shape of the hands so I'll still carry on sculpting them.
    yenhand10.jpg (Linked)
  • cMac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Additionally I have done the dagger placed at the thigh. The crossbow is WIP at the moment and later on I'll add extra details at the collar and hair. Maybe make hands more women looking. After that it would be pretty much done in zbrush, than going to bake textures. So guys it's last chance to improve something, so please any c&c most welcome.

dager01.jpg
    weapon01.jpg
    yen12.jpg