Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Power generator / mobile unit / rock - 3D concepts & In-Game

Hey everyone... I just finished some props and wanted to share them with you.
I tried to do some 3d concept art this time and then do final in-game models for all three. So basically I sketch some rough concepts in PS then do some modeling in max, not caring about good topology of anything in those lines, just to get some ideas out quickly, then create some composite shaders (arch&design - mental ray) and apply them to everything with simple box mapping. then I painted and do some post over the 3d renders in photoshop again.

Sci fi props are meant to be from 2050-2100

1) Lightbug -Power generator: This unit has a tesla core, and generates energy that outputs through it's 4 channels. I wanted it to look strong but a bit organic too.

2) Mobile Disinfection Unit: This unit serves to disinfect chemical plants, it has 3 modes, and is loaded with V-formula. It also has a toolbox and core-formula supply compartment.

this is a proxy anim just to show better how it works:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4138955/drop3d/anim_prop/new/mobile_station_compR.htm

*I change completely the side parts in this prop in the ingame version, because I think they were too messy in the concept.

3) well this is just a rock! where some animal died and left a blood trail.

Any comments & crits are welcome! thanks!

-Manu

generator_concept.jpg
generator_front.jpg
generator_side.jpg
mobile_unit_side.jpg
mobile_unit_all_description.jpg
rock_peak_manuel_huertas1.jpg

... also some logos I did to give it a little more sense, Tesla will be the main brand.

Logos_sketch_props_Manuel_Huertas.jpg

Replies