Home Technical Talk

[Photoshop] Mouse + Tablet Issue

So, I'm at a bit of an impasse here, thought I'd try a thread for input. Suggestions from other threads haven't helped. MS touch stuff is properly disabled.
The cast: Windows 7, Photoshop CS2, Wacom Graphire 3, Logitech G5.

When painting in Photoshop, the tablet works fine, but using my mouse (not tablet mouse) has a... hiccup? Say if I were to draw a series of circles at a fairly normal pace, some will only leave the initial dot where I clicked, cursor is moving, but nothing being drawn. Sometimes PS catches up, and draws a straight line to where my cursor currently is. Other times, I could make 6 rotations, but only catches up when I stop moving; then I'm fine.

So I double-checked my double-click speeds for both the mouse and pen, they are set to short. Setting a long time definitely adversely affects the problem.

I found a newer wacom driver (523-4c), uninstalled the current, rebooted, installed the update, and rebooted again. Now I have two Pen_tablet.exes, Pen_TabletUser, Pen_TouchService, and PenTouchUser processes. (I can safely kill the touch services)

I have a small tablet, so I go back and forth between that and my mouse often, and I can't reasonably predict when my strokes will be borked up. Any suggestions?

Replies

• System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Might have a possible answer. I know you said it was your mouse having problems but the pen tab is also a pointing device and after some searching I found the following seems to rectify any potential conflicts between pressure sensitive devices/pointing devices and the software utilising those functions;

Right click, goto properties - compatibility tab - disable desktop composition. You could also try compatibility mode if this doesn't work. Failing all that there is a lazy mouse available for photoshop http://people.happycoders.org/kamih/wordpress/?page_id=46 I don't know if you are using yet?
  • throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, but it's a no-go on desktop composition. I hadn't considered compatibility mode come to think of it. I had LazyNezumi in mind, but haven't tried it yet.