Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Female Head Sculpt thingy

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
Hey everybody! This is a Female head sculpt Ive been working on for a little bit. Basically, what i want to do with this thing is to make it as realistic as i can, and make it game ready. I realize many of you could of gotten to this point in an hour or two, but this thing took me like half a day.... >.< Right now, im looking for any crits you guys can give me, and also some help. Am I at the point where i can begin adding fine details? Or am i still missing something? Oh, i also hope that using the mudbox basemesh isnt considered cheating?

girlywip.jpg

girlywip.jpg

Replies

• ivars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivars polycounter lvl 15
    That mudbox base mesh have very manly features. Especially the neck need a lot of work to become more feminine.
  • WipEout
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WipEout polycounter lvl 15
    I agree with ivars-- the base has some manly angles to it. Try to soften the brow ridge, make the neck skinnier, and give her a softer jawline. The features themselves are looking good so far, though-- eyes, nose, lips' sizes and shapes are rather effeminate. Right now she looks like she'd be Alice. Which would actually be a cool current-gen model-- but I don't think that's what you're going for :D
  • disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    I am struggling with them female heads myself they are very hard :) This is a good start I guess. Get as much reference as you can and study the face. I am not sire about that but the space between the nose and the lips might be a bit too much - so may be move the mouth up a touch. oo and perhaps post some other vies of it so people can comment on them as well. Good luck man.
  • zakhar2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zakhar2 polycounter lvl 6
    Alright i tried to address all of the issues you guys had. I still think that it looks weird especially from the side view???

WipEout, I wanna get as far away from that alice image as i can, lol.

Thanks everybody!

girlywip2.jpg
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    I think some shapes feel too saggy and like they're hanging, for instance the skin between the chin and throat. The ears could be a bit higher, the top should about line up with the brow ridge, I think it feels very small atm. The jaw should be a bit deeper, as in the bend should be a bit lower, and towards the back.

A lot of shapes also feel smushed. I feel you could stick out the nose and brow ridge a bit more, and you could strengthen the shapes of the mouth a bit more. The mouth also looks like it's a bit too much to the front, so maybe just pulling it back would help.