Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Trying to build an environment

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
waedoe polycounter lvl 8
Ive done very little environment work but its time to get away from just guns so heres what i have working right now, learning udk to go along with it. Im trying to make most my high polys then normals then texturing. heres what i have in xoulils shader, and here is the concept art!

Im not sure who did the concept art, but im pretty sure others have done this scene too.

Replies

• maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats a nice concept, I remember someone starting a project based on that concept around here...but have lost track of it.... so hope you can actually pull out something nice here.

ok. As for the arch models I think you need a little more variation, those round holes look too similar in shape, and seem a little forced. I know they are bullet holes, but can be cool to show that bullets were shot from different distances & ('logic')angles..., so to make some variation. Also I think their proportion is a bit too big for a 'bullet hole' if compared to the proportion of the whole piece. I'll keep an eye on this man!
  • waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    dont even know if i should be posting this, put most my stuff that ive made in udk, lots of lighting errors no idea how to fix them but i shall learn and press on PROGREES!
  • waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    added a texture to the wall, will be updating more as i go
  • waedoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    waedoe polycounter lvl 8
    more of a real update, been going through practicing some texturing, fiddling with udk will have more later!
  • Ack Master
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that back wall looks lumpy. im not sure sure why its like that, the concept is beautiful!
    also the texture is too noisy, what kinda res you got on them walls?
  • itsmadman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should block out your level first. meaning fish up your modeling, to completion. Get a feel for the whole room with its shapes not its colors(that comes later). Block every thing out to the point where you can match your level with the concept art. Then start on the textures. Believe a person who has just learned this technique it HELPS

Oh yeah those lighting errors they come from you not using an importance volume. Its this box that u use to choose areas you want to light. i let u figure out how to make em. PM me if u need more assistance.

P.S. dont give up on it