Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Art Game Searching for a Few Select Members...

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
lifeposter.png
Note: This picture is very rough, and by no means depicts final quality work.
"life" is a working title and may be changed further into development.

First and foremost, this is not your typical game project. I don't want to release too much information yet, as I am still working out all the details. As it sits now I am the sole member (3d Artist), but I am looking for a little bit of help and possibly some creative advise. The game is going to be developed within UDK, and it will have a fairly simple gameplay mechanic. If you could classify the game within a genre, I would call it a 3rd Person Adventure game. Currently there is no development timeline.

So far I am looking for the following:
  • Programmer
  • Sound Engineer
  • Concept Artist
I want to keep the team small and organized, I feel it will operate more efficiently. If I don't receive any promising applicants, then I will just start on my own, and look for people down the road. I am very passionate about bringing this idea to life (no pun intended), and I will only allow my best quality work to make it into the final game.

Anyone who is interested can contact me at mikeyevin@gmail.com with the position you would like to apply for, and an example of your work. If you are hesitant, then shoot me an email anyway, and I will try and fill you in on a little more detail. Keep in mind I am searching for very specific people to help me out with this. You must not only produce good quality work efficiently, but also have an eye for the art of games.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from some of you soon :)

Replies

• Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a little update for all those who happened to check out this post the first time around.

I am a bit side-tracked looking for work and a new place, so development is irking for the time being, but gears are constantly turning in my head for this project. You can check out the new ModDB profile located at http://www.moddb.com/mods/life for more information, or any future updates with the project.

As far as members go, I have found myself a nice programmer whom I hope will help bring this project to "life", no pun intended. I also have a few Sound Engineers that have contacted me but I am always interested in hearing from intrigued members of the community (hell, if you can do ANYTHING that you think I will need help with, don't hesitate to email me), I could always use the help of some more artistic minds.

My first priority is a Concept Artist, someone who will work alongside me directly to help portray my wildest ideas into visual reference for the team. For this position I am looking for a specific person, but if you feel you have what it takes, please shoot me an email with your name and an example of some of your best/most recent work (any extra info about why you chose this project, or how you think you can best help out would also be great).

If you forgot the email address, or don't realize it's listed in the first post, I will post it again for your convenience.

mikeyevin@gmail.com

Thank you for taking the time to check up on my progress and I hope to hear from more of you soon.
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update for all you lurkers out there.

I updated the ModDB profile this afternoon regarding a new member and some rough concept sketches done by yours truly. Nothing spectacular but something to show that the project is still in the works. Heres what was posted if you don't care to check out the ModDB page..

doods.jpg

Expect to see an announcement soon regarding the development team behind "life" as well as a website for all official news and screenshots for the project. I am very excited for whats in store, and I hope everyone who takes a gander at my work is as well.