Home General Discussion

What to do in Chi town?

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
Hey PC, I have been in Chicago for 4 months or so now... and there isn't much to do here, or rather I can't find much to do.

What do you guys suggest? I'm up for anything really, even this!!!

http://www.chitag.com/

Although it might take a while till that hits.
[(Star Wars Breakfast Fun:
Meet and eat with the legendary Star Wars™ 501st Legion: Vader's Fist(Sign me up!)]

I'm currently going back to mah home <3 Canada :). I'll be back in like 4-5 days so I will be longing for something to do again.

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    All the art museums are awesome, what studio are you working at?
  • Sandbag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sandbag polycounter lvl 18
    Are you in the city/Downtown?

There's a lot to do, depending on what you're interested in. Like Zach said, all of the museums are awesome (beyond just art related).

Field Museum, Shedd Aquarium (to date the absolute best aquarium I have ever been to by a wide margin), Museum of Science and Industry are all awesome. I went to the Vietnam Veterans Art Museum when I was in highschool, if that's still around it had some awesome art as well as many of the weapons used in the war on display.

For bars, just head up to Wrigleyville and roam the streets for all the pubs you could want. There's a really kick ass Irish Pub (among many other great pubs) on Clark Street, I want to say it was Mullens, but I was on the inebriated side when we walked there...

The Goose Island Brew Pub (also clark street) is another good place to check out, they have a nice bar/restaurant that I always enjoy stopping by when I visit home.

Another cool place to check out is The Alley, they have a lot of great metal/punk/biker clothing/band shirts, tattoo parlor, and other cool stuff.

The Empty Bottle is a really great bar on North Western Avenue, they have live bands almost every night; they play pretty much everything, but also have a good punk/metal following. I saw Lair of The Minotaur there and it was awesome, plus they have a good tap list and drink prices. It's a smaller joint (and a little hard to spot), small enough that I got to have a drink with the band before the show.

Really you can also just wander around the main downtown drag (Lakeshore Drive/Michigan Ave) and check out the multitude of resturants, bars, stores, etc.

Hockey Season's starting back up again soon, The United Center is on West Madison Street, if the ticket prices ever go back down you can catch a Blackhawks game. After winning the cup the prices are probably still sky high, but it's always worth checking out stubhub to see if you can get some cheap seats.

Beyond that it's up to what you're into...If you want it, there's a very good chance Chicago has it, you just have to find it.

...damn, now I miss home :(
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    ZacD, I'm not working at the moment :(.

Sandbag, thats a bag worth of information! Thanks! I'm near Midway Airport, near... south archer.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Sandbag wrote: »

...damn, now I miss home :(

Yeah sucks there isn't more studios in the midwest, I don't really want to leave KC.

@XenoKratios
    Chicago also has a great reputation for pizza and comedy clubs, try to check a few out.