Home Technical Talk

Post Crash

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
amadeux polycounter lvl 8
this is just a posting test. I had just recently posted and when I access it signed in the browser shows a blank page, but when not signed in it is fine . It is posted here. there is a youtube embeded object in the post, which im assuming is posted incorrectly. any suggestions , I tried looking at my user settings and am not sure what i may be.

Replies

• amadeux
    Offline / Send Message
    viewing page source also shows nothing , tried to edit post by "editpost.php?do=editpost&p=46797 " which was a nogo
  • amadeux
    Offline / Send Message
    tried "/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1203563&postcount=5435" get "insufficient privelages" . just sent message to admin.
  • glynnsmith
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    If you want to post a youtube video, you just post a link to the page it's on, and the forum should parse the links for you.

If you're asking something else, I'm not sure what your question is.
  • amadeux
    Offline / Send Message
    @glynnsmith thanks for the reply. I'm just not sure what the deal is. I basically made a video post using the <object> embed method referred on the you tube page. What happened after posting is the issue. It basically seems I cannot view that page after I posted, any other page on that post works fine, but the one that I just posted on. It shows nothing but a blank page. and the html page source shows nothing, not <html> <head> or <body> tag , just blank. But when im not signed-in the page shows fine, with the ridiculously long <objetc> tag so i cant edit it.

I figured I would post it in the tech section. I initially posted here just to see If I had any trouble with a regular post: nothing but words and a link. After that I though I would just log what Ive been trouble shooting. Mostly a pointless thread, but maybe useful if anyone deals with this issue.
  • amadeux
    Offline / Send Message
    well, I disabled the flash plug-in and was able to go in and edit the post so it would appear correctly, but the page still doesn't show up for me when I'm signed in.

When I get a chance i'll try it from another computer and maybe it will rule out firewall issues.
  • MoP
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah you don't need to use <object> tags or anything, literally just paste the direct link to the Youtube video (as if you were sending it to a friend on MSN or something) and the forum will automatically embed it here.

As for your other issues I'm afraid I haven't heard of that happening before, so not sure what's going on there. :(
  • amadeux
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Mop, but I really dont know what to say here. I changed the display mode from hybrid to linear and it now works fine. This really beats me, i then tried the threaded mode and the issue came back up. I looked through other posts and everything was alright. I really dont know why its giving me an issue at that one post I made. So I guess I'll just stick to linear mode. wierd .