Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"Brutus" character model

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
haikai polycounter lvl 8
This is a diffuse painted character model named, "Brutus," from a recent freelance job with InsaneRoot. It's nice working with them, and they were kind enough to allow me to post this even though the game isn't complete. I actually don't know a whole lot about the game project myself, but I hope you'll all keep them in mind when the game is released. :)

The original concept is by the awesome Matt Dixon. I love Matt's character paintings, so check them out if you've not seen them before. I superimposed the 3d model onto his concept for the fake promo image (which obviously has some quick Photoshop cheats painted on there). I didn't spend too much time on it, but I wanted to make more of an effort on presentation than I have on previous models.

The character model with weapon is roughly 6k triangles, and it's all on a 1k map at the moment although all the UVs were arranged in a modular way to accommodate texture swaps and adjustments if necessary. I was able to get a lot done just by projecting parts of the concept art onto the model's textures in an attempt to maintain an organic look. There were some requested deviations from the concept, but I tried to keep it as faithful as I could otherwise. Rigged and initial poses by my animator friend, Issam Zejly.

It's "done," but I'm always interested in hearing feedback. Thanks!

BrutusPromo.jpg
BrutusComp.jpg

Replies